ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen's Non-EU wife with EU/Schengen Residence Permit - How to Visit UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vikram_reddy59
inactive
Czech Republic

British Citizen's Non-EU wife with EU/Schengen Residence Permit - How to Visit UK

Post by vikram_reddy59 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello All

I am a British citizen living and working in Czech republic from 15 months and My wife who is Non-EU joined me from India on EU family members visa in Czech republic so she has a Residence permit in Czech republic as EU Family Member for 5 years.
We have been living together for 8 months now and both of us are working.
Now My question is I want to visit UK with my wife just for a week (but may be after 2 years we will move back to the UK) so which visa should I apply for? EEA Family Permit or Surinder Singhs Route.

Thank you

Bippin
Malaysia

Re: British Citizen's Non-EU wife with EU/Schengen Residence Permit - How to Visit UK

Post by Bippin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi
Your wife need EEA family permit first and if both of you decide to settle in U.K. before permit expire then your wife could apply residence permit under SS route ,hope this help

secret.simon

Re: British Citizen's Non-EU wife with EU/Schengen Residence Permit - How to Visit UK

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:34 am

If your wife has an Article 10 Residence Card issued by the Czech Republic, she can travel on and enter the UK using that.

The Surinder Singh route is not the name of a visa, it is the name of a procedure. If and when you plan to move back to the UK, you should be able to return with your wife and apply for her Residence Card as if you were an non-UK EEA citizen.

Be aware that the future of the SS route post-Brexit is uncertain.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

BritishExpat
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by BritishExpat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Hello
Thanks for the reply ... My wife's Residence permit is not under Article 10 or 20

BritishExpat
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by BritishExpat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Bippin wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 pm
Hi
Your wife need EEA family permit first and if both of you decide to settle in U.K. before permit expire then your wife could apply residence permit under SS route ,hope this help
Hello Thanks for the reply ... but For this do I need a residence address in the UK ( it is asked in the application) or do I need to be present in the UK its not clear .... Can I just apply EEA for her from Czech Republic as we are here?