ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meaning of a letter from Citizenship Department

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Meaning of a letter from Citizenship Department

Post by 2pac4ever » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello,
I applied for naturalisation over a year ago and 3 weeks after finally receiving my second stage letter, in which they confirmed that my application has now been initially assessed and moved on to the second stage of the processing, I received a letter from Citizenship department with the following text:
Dear xxx
I note that your GNIB card has now expired since xxxx. Please note: an invitation to a citizenship ceremony will not issue if your permission to remain is out of date, therefore, please submit a copy of your new GNIB once renewed.

Has anyone ever received such a letter? What does it mean as far as my application is concerned?
Obviously, I have since sent a copy of my new card but I was wondering about the meaning of the letter.

Gogreen81
India

Re: Meaning of a letter from Citizenship Department

Post by Gogreen81 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:53 pm

had you not renewed your gnib?
ideally you should always have the gnib up to date unless there's a 1-2 week delay or you have received your approval and your gnib expires then.. even i that case u shud let them know.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:23 pm

If you have renewed your GNIB card, send them a copy ASAP. Since they wrote you a letter requesting it I would imagine that’s the only thing holding their final decision. For all you know,your approval could be lying on someone’s table waiting for you to respond 😄

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:56 am

Hi guys just a quick question. Im also waiting for an approval on my application.
I've got my PR since January and never sent them an updated one as the gnib I sent with my application has expired already. Now they've never asked me for an updated one, do u think I should send them one anyway.

I've applied October 2017 and got a second letter in April 2018 saying my application is processing in a normal way...

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:17 am

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:56 am
Hi guys just a quick question. Im also waiting for an approval on my application.
I've got my PR since January and never sent them an updated one as the gnib I sent with my application has expired already. Now they've never asked me for an updated one, do u think I should send them one anyway.

I've applied October 2017 and got a second letter in April 2018 saying my application is processing in a normal way...

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
Hi Ash,

Your case similar to mine timeframe, I had temp stamp4 when I recievd 10 years stamp , I update them even temp stamp was still valid to them but must cancelled when I had 10 years card.

My app Oct 2017 , second letter may 2018 after submitted updated card , approval received 20 Sep 2018.

You should send them immidettly by email might lucky have approval soon

Regards Grace

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Grace,

That's great to hear. I've photocopy the updated gnib and I've posted them today. Do u think I should email it to them also or posting them is enough. I didn't register post, it's normal post I sent them.

Thanks,

Ash

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:34 am
Hi Grace,

That's great to hear. I've photocopy the updated gnib and I've posted them today. Do u think I should email it to them also or posting them is enough. I didn't register post, it's normal post I sent them.

Thanks,

Ash
I will scan and email them as well. There’s no harm in doing so.

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:34 am
Hi Grace,

Thanks,

Ash

I would send them in email - do call tomorrow as tuesday they anwer calls after few attempts.

Best of luck

Regards Grace

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 pm

I've emailed them already.

I've been calling the past few weeks on Tuesday's and Friday's and no one has ever answered my call. It's okay though, Im trying to be patient.

I've also emailed them last month and they replied with a generic response that it's still processing and they'll let me know when they reached a decision.

Hopefully by sending the updated gnib it works on my favour, fingers crossed

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 pm
I've emailed them already.

I've been calling the past few weeks on Tuesday's and Friday's and no one has ever answered my call. It's okay though, Im trying to be patient.

I've also emailed them last month and they replied with a generic response that it's still processing and they'll let me know when they reached a decision.

Hopefully by sending the updated gnib it works on my favour, fingers crossed
I always got touch with them after few calls , but it's up to you only if you want to call them .

You should be fine wait hope for best
Regards Grace

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 pm

I never got hold of them
Yes hopefully I'll hear something soon, thank u for all your help. Feels good to be reassured