ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office calculation to the investment of 200k

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Tier1 change original business plan

Post by Nader1976 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Hie everyone,
Can you please advise me regarding my Tier1 entrepreneurial team visa of 200k.
Our original business plan was to sell natural fruit shape soaps and candles importing from China and due to many complicated process to import cosmetics products from China and sell them in Uk specially for our products which looks like the same shape of fruits which maybe prohibited to sale because of mis-eating by children .
Now we are planning to change the business which was submitted originally in the business plan to setup new Resturant.
My question: is there any required procedures I need to do such as to inform the home office about this changes before I start the investment in the restaurant?or I should do?
Your kind support will be highly appreciated

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Company registered address

Post by Nader1976 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:29 am

Nice day for all,
As Tier1 entrepreneurial visa I have registered the address of my company to the same address of my chartered accountant. Is there any problem?
My business is trading as Resturant which have different address.
Kindly please advise me do I have to register my company in separate address not using the address of accountant?

marcnath

Re: Company registered address

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:37 am

Nader1976 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:29 am
Nice day for all,
As Tier1 entrepreneurial visa I have registered the address of my company to the same address of my chartered accountant. Is there any problem?
My business is trading as Resturant which have different address.
Kindly please advise me do I have to register my company in separate address not using the address of accountant?
It does not matter
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Re: Tier1 change original business plan

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 am

Nader1976 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 pm
Hie everyone,
Can you please advise me regarding my Tier1 entrepreneurial team visa of 200k.
Our original business plan was to sell natural fruit shape soaps and candles importing from China and due to many complicated process to import cosmetics products from China and sell them in Uk specially for our products which looks like the same shape of fruits which maybe prohibited to sale because of mis-eating by children .
Now we are planning to change the business which was submitted originally in the business plan to setup new Resturant.
My question: is there any required procedures I need to do such as to inform the home office about this changes before I start the investment in the restaurant?or I should do?
Your kind support will be highly appreciated
Do not start separate topics for each question. Stick to one post for ALL your questions

No, you are free to make any changes to your business
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Home office calculation to the investment of 200k

Post by Nader1976 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Dear Members,
I would like to inquire about how to calculate the amount of investment of two hundred thousand pounds in the case of the investment by myself and my partner in the form of an Director Loan.
Are all expenses, such as VAT payments, taken into account and VAT refunds are being refunded?
What is the best option for the duration of the director loan agreement three years or five years?
Is it possible to redeem the Director Loan annually from annual profits if the agreement states that to redeem the Director Loan for example after five years?
If my company has two investment projects such as a restaurant and a barber shop and the company has only one bank account, is it necessary to have a separate account for each activity or only the company account can be acceptable to serve the two business activity?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier1 change original business plan

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 am
Do not start separate topics for each question. Stick to one post for ALL your questions
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Re: Home office calculation to the investment of 200k

Post by Nader1976 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:25 pm

If I would like to pay from the 200k investment to import products from overseas for my business. does this amount will be counted from the investment of 200k?

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Nader1976 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:34 pm

I would like to apologize for this inconvenience due to my lack of experience to participate properly in this forum.
I will try to summarize my inquiries under one subject.

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Nader1976 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Dear marcnath,
Kindly please advise me regarding the above mentioned questions which I have posted them previously.
Your kind support will be highly appreciated.
Best Regards,

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Nader1976 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:34 pm

I have another question please.
If I have setup my company during the first six months and I have been appointed as director then later on I decided to invest the 200k into existing UK business and I will be also appointed as director in the new company which I intends to invest in it but after eight months from my arrival date.
My question regarding to achieve the condition to appoint myself as director within six months will be claimed from my original company even if it is dormant because I’m planning to apply my file supported by all the documents of the new company which I have invested the 200k through it but the data of appointing myself as director in the new company was late for more than six months from My arrival date.
Secondly what is the best option for me to invest the 200k directly from my personal account to the new existing company account then I will be share holder or to have partnership agreement between my original company and the new existing company which intends to invest to?

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Nader1976 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Hello Zimba and Marcnath,
Kindly please I need your kind support to advise me regarding all my previous questions.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Nader1976 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:52 pm
Hello Zimba and Marcnath,
Kindly please I need your kind support to advise me regarding all my previous questions.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
The forum is not an "on demand live" system. It is a Sunday and members are likely spending time with their family.

When someone is available and willing to respond, I am sure they will. Please refrain from posting every half hour for a response.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:41 am

Nader1976 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:27 pm
Dear Members,
I would like to inquire about how to calculate the amount of investment of two hundred thousand pounds in the case of the investment by myself and my partner in the form of an Director Loan.
Are all expenses, such as VAT payments, taken into account and VAT refunds are being refunded?
What is the best option for the duration of the director loan agreement three years or five years?
Is it possible to redeem the Director Loan annually from annual profits if the agreement states that to redeem the Director Loan for example after five years?
If my company has two investment projects such as a restaurant and a barber shop and the company has only one bank account, is it necessary to have a separate account for each activity or only the company account can be acceptable to serve the two business activity?
Why are you confusing investment with spend ? Investment is money that goes into the business, spend is money going out. And the T1E rules requires you to make investments.
Yes, it should be ok to take money from profits.
Accounts are per business, not activity.
Nader1976 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:34 pm
I have another question please.
If I have setup my company during the first six months and I have been appointed as director then later on I decided to invest the 200k into existing UK business and I will be also appointed as director in the new company which I intends to invest in it but after eight months from my arrival date.
My question regarding to achieve the condition to appoint myself as director within six months will be claimed from my original company even if it is dormant because I’m planning to apply my file supported by all the documents of the new company which I have invested the 200k through it but the data of appointing myself as director in the new company was late for more than six months from My arrival date.
Secondly what is the best option for me to invest the 200k directly from my personal account to the new existing company account then I will be share holder or to have partnership agreement between my original company and the new existing company which intends to invest to?
You can meet the six month requirement with one company and the investment with another company - there is no additional steps needed.
Nader1976 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:25 pm
If I would like to pay from the 200k investment to import products from overseas for my business. does this amount will be counted from the investment of 200k?
Yes

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Nader1976 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 am

Dear marcnath,
Many thanks for your response,
I’m still having some confusion regarding if invest the 200k into the business account then I start to spend on the business to pay such as lease fees, VAT, fittings, employees salaries...etc, so all this expenses will be counted from the 200k?
If I would like to invest the 200k into existing UK business, what is the best option for me to invest the 200k either directly from my personal account to the new existing company account then I will be share holder OR to transfer the money from my company account to the new existing UK company then we will have partnership agreement between my original company and the new existing company which intends to invest to?
I really do appreciate your kind support for me
Thanks,

Nader1976
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Nader1976 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:24 am

One more question please.
Do I need to transfer the investment money of 200k from my personal account to the business account within six months from my arrival date?
Many thanks for your patience.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Nader1976 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 am

I’m still having some confusion regarding if invest the 200k into the business account then I start to spend on the business to pay such as lease fees, VAT, fittings, employees salaries...etc, so all this expenses will be counted from the 200k?
This question makes no sense. You have to invest 200K into the business. How it is spent is up to the needs of the business. Only some exceptions are there - money paid to yourself, to owners of any businesses you acquire or for residential property. These have to be deducted from your investment (unless it is paid from sales/profits)
Nader1976 wrote:
There is no best option. It really does not matter.
Nader1976 wrote:
If I would like to invest the 200k into existing UK business, what is the best option for me to invest the 200k either directly from my personal account to the new existing company account then I will be share holder OR to transfer the money from my company account to the new existing UK company then we will have partnership agreement between my original company and the new existing company which intends to invest to?
I really do appreciate your kind support for me
I have no idea. You need to invest from our personal account to your business account. I can't figure out what the other transaction has to do with your investment.
Nader1976 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:24 am
One more question please.
Do I need to transfer the investment money of 200k from my personal account to the business account within six months from my arrival date?
Many thanks for your patience.
No. You need to transfer it before your extension application.
But remember that you have to have access to the fund all the time until it is invested into your company - so you can't use it for anything else