ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Surname correction in the certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sandyinuk

Previous Surname correction in the certificate

Post by Sandyinuk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 am

Hi,

I got the approval today but "Name at Birth" for my wife (surname before marriage) is incorrect. one misspell in the surname but name is correct. I checked filled online form for BC and can confirm that I filled correct spelling.

The current full name is correct in the certificate.
The previous name/surname does not appear in the British passport, so it should not be an issue. I will send the certificate for the correction to HO after ceremony but can I used this certificate for the Indian Passport surrender/OCI or shall I need to wait for the new certificate from HO?

regards,

iffi786

Re: Previous Surname correction in the certificate

Post by iffi786 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:27 am

Hello
I send my wife cerificate for correction same like u on 23rd aug2018 still waiting .
Did u get ur certificate with correction?
Thanks

Sandyinuk

Post by Sandyinuk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:10 am

iffi786 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:27 am
by iffi786 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:27 am

Hello
I send my wife cerificate for correction same like u on 23rd aug2018 still waiting .
Did u get ur certificate with correction?
Thanks
I sent the certificate on 1st Sep and received a amended one on 12th Sep. Very Quick.

Regards,

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Today I received letter from home office and send the documents back and mentioned u will receive ur new certificate with changes shortly just want to know how long it will take to receive.
Thanks