ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DX Courier misplaced BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

colonised
Newly Registered
Malaysia

DX Courier misplaced BRP

Post by colonised » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Applied for my Tier 2 visa in London on Tuesday 27 March and have the approval letter.

Received a missed delivery notice at my home address on Thursday 29 March. Redirected it to my work address on 3 April for delivery on 4 April. Yesterday the tracking said it was received and signed for but the security said there were no DX couriers yesterday or today. This has been confirmed by CCTV.

I urgently need to apply for a US Business Visa for a business trip but can't do so without my BRP

colonised
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: DX Courier misplaced BRP

Post by colonised » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:21 pm

I phoned the Home Office hotline and the first advisor said I have to report as lost and re-enrol my biometrics at my Post Office. I have to pay £ 45 and have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for my new BRP to be issued.

The second advisor said to write snail mail to the case worker using the address on my decision letter explaining that the courier forged a signature and lost it. I applied in London Victoria, the address is Belfast.

Both DX and the Home Office are pointing fingers at each other. DX said to ask the Home Office knowing they can't investigate and the Home Office are washing their hands of this.

I have replied to BRPDelivery and cc'ed AppointmentsExceptions as well

Gyinka1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Gyinka1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi..have you receive your package from dx now

qwerty13
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty13 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 am

Any update on what happened? I'm in the same boat and not sure if I should bother writing to the case worker to explain the situation or whather I should just get on with applying for a new card if that's what they're likely to tell me to do anyways.

Did you write a letter to the case worker, and if so, what was the response?