ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM extension but no paper cohabitation docs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cutepearl

FLRM extension but no paper cohabitation docs

Post by cutepearl » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi all,

Quick question really, we are applying for extension after 2.5 years and have all the online bills and bank statements but not the paper ones sent by util companies, council tax or bank.
Does this mean the extension will be refused straight off?

Thank you

cutepearl

Re: FLRM extension but no paper cohabitation docs

Post by cutepearl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Just to add to the question.

I’ve contacted NatWest bank to send original statements but they won’t show the old address where we used to live, will the online statements be of any use at all with old address?

Help would be appreciated.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:25 am

It's very easy to get nice statements from NatWest

Go into the branch/call telephone banking and request your 6 month (or 12 whichever you need depending on your situation) and ask for the statements to be sent to you.

What will happen is you'll get a mail in your NWOLB account, download that statement and print it off. Go back to the branch and get them to stamp the pages.

The paper copy that comes in the mail is like an inkjet copy!

As for council and utility bills: give them a call and request paper hard copies.

It's a bit if a lengthy thing to do, hopefully the UKVI will change their systems soon to allow scan or downloaded statements (change will come soon with premium services etc.)

As for previous address etc. Just explain this in your covering letter to clarify anything you cannot address in the application.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:48 pm

Thank you

We called NatWest and they’ll send the statements but it won’t show our old address since we moved form London to Manchester. They don’t have a system to keep old address on the previous statements.

We got almost all docs from July 2017 till now but missing some from March 16- June 17 as we got rid of papers when moving.

Having said that our addresses don’t add up to 6 in joint or 6 in each names as we don’t have that many bills. Got tenancies though for the previous 2 years, a water bill in joint names and council tax in joint names.

We got an appointment in Liverpool on 3rd November.

My question is, if we can’t provide enough cohabitation docs but everything else is met, then if they refuse what will happen to my Mrs?

We got two children together as well.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 am

Do you have letters addressed to yourself or wife only?

Opticians. Doctors. HMRC poll cards??

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am

bathanza wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 am
Do you have letters addressed to yourself or wife only?

Opticians. Doctors. HMRC poll cards??
Yes we do at the current address from July 2017 till now. We have some scattered docs from March 2016 to June 17 for our previous address but don’t add up to the requirement of 6 docs each.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Update and it may help a lot of people.

Went to Premium Service today for renewal FLRM in Liverpool and in total took 1 hour with leave granted.
Docs we had were
Sponsor 6 month payslip (£8100 for 6 months) payslips stamped by employer
Applicant 6 month payslip (£1500 for 6 months) not stamped
6 months bank statements for both showing salary paying in
Marriage certificate
Cohabitation docs ( some originals and some printed online covering about 22 months ) we lost some months due to moving from London to Manchester
Employment contracts for both & employer letters for both confirming employment

That’s about it. Don’t get yourselves too confused with requirements of cohab docs as I asked the case worker and she said it doesn’t matter if the bills are online or not.
Bank statements needs to be stamped though by bank of printing online ones.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:25 am

hi,
congratulation for your FLRM extension did you include your curent tenancy agreement?

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:30 am

Hi

No we didn't include the current tenancy although we had it with us but not given to case worker.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you for your prompt response,I spent £150 for property report for my last spouse extension which I realise afterwards is not required and you just confirmed for me (for sharing house tennancy agreement and property report)
Now I am about to apply for ILR and I still confuse about the tenancy agreement requirement
Which I couldnt find any link
On the accommodation section they ask about how many rooms you have and who lives with you I thought you have to prove what you answer with support document! On this section should be tennancy agreement
Any thought about this?

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 pm

We’ve got 2 children under 3 and have 2 bedhousw renting. We didn’t provide any tenancy agreement but most of our latest bills from December 2017 are addressed to current address so I guess they didn’t need the tenancy.