ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing entry/exit stamps for Indefinite Stay (LR) route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zak29
Newly Registered

Missing entry/exit stamps for Indefinite Stay (LR) route

Post by Zak29 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Dear all,

I will really appreciate if someone can answer my question below or direct me to the relevant thread.

I am a non-EU citizen, going to apply under Indefinite Stay (LR) 10 years next month.
I spent first 6 years on tier 4 and the remaining 4 years on tier 2 visa which is currently valid for another 1 year.

My question is that i have been travelling to Spain to see my parents ever since i came to the UK. I always went to the same airport in Spain which occasionally stamped my passport. Many times there was no one sitting on the immigration desk and i left the airport without an entry stamp. I hold Spanish residence card which enables me to travel every time without requiring a visa.

By counting the entry stamps back into the UK i have counted my trips to be around 18 over the last 10 years. I have all previous passports that i used during the last 10 years. I have Spanish entry stamps which correspond to only 2 to 3 UK stamps. As an additional evidence, i managed to print my electronic tickets from the most recent journeys going all the way back to 2012. Unfortunately, my e-mails only go back to 2012 and i am left with no proof at all for the first 4 to 5 journeys that i made from 2009 to 2011. I am 100% sure that i have never stayed more than 2 to 3 weeks in Spain and overall i have not breached the continuous residence limit.

Will it create problems for me if i don't have any proof of when i left the country to match those entry stamps?
Is it a good idea to provide additional evidence like bank statements and degree transcripts as an evidence of continuous residence?
Is there anything more that i can do to prove that i was living here during the first 4 years?

Zak29
Newly Registered

Re: Missing entry/exit stamps for Indefinite Stay (LR) route

Post by Zak29 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi guys,

I haven't got a reply on the above yet :(
I will really appreciate if someone can share their thoughts on the issue.

Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Zak29 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 pm
Dear all,

I will really appreciate if someone can answer my question below or direct me to the relevant thread.

I am a non-EU citizen, going to apply under Indefinite Stay (LR) 10 years next month.
I spent first 6 years on tier 4 and the remaining 4 years on tier 2 visa which is currently valid for another 1 year.

My question is that i have been travelling to Spain to see my parents ever since i came to the UK. I always went to the same airport in Spain which occasionally stamped my passport. Many times there was no one sitting on the immigration desk and i left the airport without an entry stamp. I hold Spanish residence card which enables me to travel every time without requiring a visa.

By counting the entry stamps back into the UK i have counted my trips to be around 18 over the last 10 years. I have all previous passports that i used during the last 10 years. I have Spanish entry stamps which correspond to only 2 to 3 UK stamps. As an additional evidence, i managed to print my electronic tickets from the most recent journeys going all the way back to 2012. Unfortunately, my e-mails only go back to 2012 and i am left with no proof at all for the first 4 to 5 journeys that i made from 2009 to 2011. I am 100% sure that i have never stayed more than 2 to 3 weeks in Spain and overall i have not breached the continuous residence limit.

Will it create problems for me if i don't have any proof of when i left the country to match those entry stamps?
Is it a good idea to provide additional evidence like bank statements and degree transcripts as an evidence of continuous residence?
Is there anything more that i can do to prove that i was living here during the first 4 years?
You could always do a SAR to HO/UKVI to get the necessary information required, otherwise i'am certain HO as well as other organisations such as IATA retain passenger data of entry and exit for security purposes. How long they may retain it, i'am not sure.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Zak29
Newly Registered

Post by Zak29 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks for your reply CMOSUK :)

Do you think it's a good idea to send bank statements, university letters, council tax bills and any other official letters from 2009 to 2012 as extra evidence or is it better to leave it at this stage?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Zak29 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Do you think it's a good idea to send bank statements, university letters, council tax bills and any other official letters from 2009 to 2012 as extra evidence or is it better to leave it at this stage?
According to the relevant Documents section on the application form (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -09-18.pdf, page 24 of 32), for ILR LR you only need to provide:

1. Your current passport
2. Your current BRP
3. All the previous passports you have had and used to enter or stay in the UK during your 10 years
4. Your previous BRPs if you have them

Then, if for some reason you cannot supply a passport for any period of your stay in the UK, only then they suggest a list additional documents (see same page).

This suggests what they need is only to see the visas and BRPs, and to corroborate them with the corresponding passports. Nothing more regarding actual entry and exit dates.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am

Zak29 wrote:
Dear all,

My friend was in similar situation as the immigration office did not stamp his passport. HE actually sent multiple emails to heathrow airport customer service and they responded him with an email with correct date on stamp. He attached this email to his application and application was successful. You can also tr this method in addition to SAR request from HO.

Zak29
Newly Registered

Post by Zak29 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 am

kamoe wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:41 pm
Zak29 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm

According to the relevant Documents section on the application form (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -09-18.pdf, page 24 of 32), for ILR LR you only need to provide:

1. Your current passport
2. Your current BRP
3. All the previous passports you have had and used to enter or stay in the UK during your 10 years
4. Your previous BRPs if you have them

Then, if for some reason you cannot supply a passport for any period of your stay in the UK, only then they suggest a list additional documents (see same page).

This suggests what they need is only to see the visas and BRPs, and to corroborate them with the corresponding passports. Nothing more regarding actual entry and exit dates.
Thanks for your thoughts on the above. I think i will only send passports and current BRP with the application and see how it goes.

Zak29
Newly Registered

Post by Zak29 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 am

vaibhavg18mau wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am
Zak29 wrote:
Dear all,

My friend was in similar situation as the immigration office did not stamp his passport. HE actually sent multiple emails to heathrow airport customer service and they responded him with an email with correct date on stamp. He attached this email to his application and application was successful. You can also tr this method in addition to SAR request from HO.
Thanks for your comment. I think in your friend's case it was the entry into the UK stamp missing but mine is different, i want to know the exact date when i left the country and to be honest i must have used three different airports on various occasions when i traveled abroad. Anyways, i have requested a SAR report already from the HO. Lets see if it contains any data on exits or not.
Thanks once again for taking time out to post your thoughts....much appreciated :)