ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa: Bank statement, 28 days rule

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prolife

Spouse Visa: Bank statement, 28 days rule

Post by prolife » Wed May 03, 2017 8:22 am

I am using Cash Savings to meet financial requirement for spouse visa. There is a requirement that last bank statement should be within 28 days from date of application. I already sent my bank statements to UKVI Sheffield and the last bank statement was within 28 days of online submission of VAF4A form, and also within 28 days of VFS appointment. BUT I had to postpone VFS apointment for biometrics because of ill health, and new VFS appointment is after 45 days.

Is the crucial '28 days' count from the date we press SEND on the online VAF4A form? Or is it the day of VFS appointment?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa: Bank statement, 28 days rule

Post by seagul » Wed May 03, 2017 11:14 am

How had you sent the bank statements to sheifflied before attending biometrics? Usually after biometrics then documents are being sent to sheifflied.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

prolife

Post by prolife » Wed May 03, 2017 11:18 am

My spouse is applying from Philippines, and VFS website says that supporting documents can be sent to Sheffield BEFORE biometrics.

Supporting documents should be sent as soon as possible to the UK after the online application form has been completed, and should include your unique GWF number. The documents may be sent before your application and biometrics are submitted.

Shall I send additional bank statements as an additional document to Sheffield after biometrics appointment?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 03, 2017 7:43 pm

If you have already paid the fee and lodged the application then yes you can send them additional fresh bank statement and also there is no harm to send doctor/GP letter explaining your sickness which prevented you to attend biometrics along with a precise covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

prolife

Post by prolife » Wed May 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks Seagul. Just to make it clear, my wife will go to VFS outside-UK for biometrics only. I (UK sponsor) is in UK, so do you think sending doctors' note from Philippines may confuse UKVI Sheffield.

In the meantime, I read some of your previous posts where you mentioned that bank statements need to be 28 days before online application date, which is opposite to your reply here. I am thinking if sending additional bank statements can confuse UKVI, especially if not needed?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 pm

I will still repeat same that documents need to be within 28 days of the application submission as per official guideline which applies to all countries but do you know that application without biometrics will still be incompleted and only be completed after biometrics.

prolife

Post by prolife » Wed May 03, 2017 11:53 pm

Thanks @seagul. I will send additional bank statements to Sheffield then.

Some posts say...don't send any additional documents to Sheffield until they write to you and ask. I am assuming in my case, I can still send bank statement even without them asking?

Zoraida
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Zoraida » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:12 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 pm
I will still repeat same that documents need to be within 28 days of the application submission as per official guideline which applies to all countries but do you know that application without biometrics will still be incompleted and only be completed after biometrics.
Hello seagul,
If an application is only complete after bio metrics, do you think it is possible to send a pay slip dated after the online application but before biometrics?
Thank you in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:21 pm

If the money received in account is before application date, then why not. How many days are you over by?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Zoraida wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:12 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 pm
Hello seagul,
If an application is only complete after bio metrics, ?
you cannot book biometrics without submitting a complete application online.

Zoraida
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Zoraida » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:44 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:21 pm
If the money received in account is before application date, then why not. How many days are you over by?
I have a pay slip for the period from the 3rd to the 7th September but payment date was the 14th and the application was submitted on the 10th. We received the pay slip before the 14th but that date is not indicated on the pay slip.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:02 pm

They are looking to see if it covers the period. If the money was received in the account in that same period then you have nothing to worry about as payslips dates aren't always same as pay date.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease