ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MC kaiser

Spouse Visa application in Sheffield...

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Dear Sir/Madam, 

I am a British born and educated citizen. 

I would like to apply for a Spousal Visa (this will be our second application- we've already gone through the appeal process) for my wife who is based in Nigeria.

Our initial application was refused due to insufficient payslips. Every other documents required was met and verified when submitted to the Entry Clearance Officer.

I would like to apply in person in the UK (submit documents in person in Sheffield) as the first application was submitted online and by post.

Will I have to book an appointment prior to arrival at Sheffield?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa application in Sheffield...

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 pm

I think you may have wrote this letter to the wrong people, as it seems you are asking UKVI in Sheffield if they can let you do face to face spouse application.

The answer to your question is that you cannot apply in person in UK for Entry Clearance. Needs to be from Applicants home country in Nigeria.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm

I'm replying on behalf of my wife (which I did for the first application)....the difference is that I submitted the documents online and by post.

I read that one could go in person as the link below explains:

Third Party Weblink removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 pm

You cannot apply in person in the UK on behalf of your spouse who is in Nigeria. Your spouse has to apply and submit part of the application in Nigeria and some supporting documents go by post to Sheffield.

You can only apply in person if your spouse is already in the UK and will be extending their spouse visa after 2.5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:10 pm

Thank you for your quick response.

I am aware that my Wife would have to send her part of the documents in Nigeria. I will

However, when we did her first application, I submitted it online and by post to Sheffield (as I'm her Sponsor).

My question is...since I submitted it by post to Sheffield what is the difference in submitting it in person to Sheffield for this application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:14 pm

My question is...since I submitted it by post to Sheffield what is the difference in submitting it in person to Sheffield for this application?
In person application is ONLY for people who are in the UK on a qualifying visa. An Entry Clearance application is NOT one. You cannot apply in person. You won't even be allowed into the building. You must apply by post when applying for a visa from outside the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Thank you. Much appreciated....

MC kaiser

Financial requirements....

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:31 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

This will be our second application for my Wife (Spousal Visa)....refused due to insufficient payslips....

I was subcontracting from February 2018 then started a new permanent contract in June 2018 (without any gaps in employment).

Both are above the income requirement but because I started this new contract in June...when will be the earliest to apply? Or will they consider my payslips Bank statements prior to June?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Financial requirements....

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Sorry, I'm new to this forum(only created an account today)....

I wanted to make a new topic/question...

How do I go about this without it merging?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:40 pm

All your topics you start will be merged if you keep starting new ones.

Please read the link I have provided regarding the forum rules for multiple posts/topics. You need to keep ALL your questions on the same application in ONE topic please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

This will be our second application for my Wife (Spousal Visa)....refused due to insufficient payslips....

I was subcontracting from February 2018 then started a new permanent contract in June 2018 (without any gaps in employment).

Both are above the income requirement but because I started this new contract in June...when will be the earliest to apply? Or will they consider my payslips Bank statements prior to June?

***I hope this will not merge. I sincerely want to follow The forum rules***

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:55 pm

What was your total salary earned before tax from all jobs in the past 12 months and what is your current salary from june

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:41 pm

I haven't calculated it as I was doing temp work (agency) from September 2017 till February 2018. I also had a gap between December 2017 till January 2018 as I went to visit my wife in Nigeria.

My subcontract work I started in February 2018 was ongoing (stated on the contract) on a salary of £19,000.

My new contract (permanent) in June 2018 is over £23,000.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 am

If you earned more than £18,600 from all jobs in past 12 months you can apply under CAT B straightaway because for CAT B you need to have earned £18,600 from all jobs in past 12 months and currently be earning a salary of £18,600

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Thanks for your response.

However, how many categories are there?

I was told I only needed 6 months payslip...since starting a new contract in June when would that mean me applying...is it from the date of contract or the actual first payslip?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:15 pm

MC kaiser wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 pm
Thanks for your response.

However, how many categories are there?

There are 7 different categories (and some can be combined). 6 months of payslips for ONE EMPLOYER is required for Category A. Category B can be used if you have earned £18600 in the past year but haven't worked for the same employer for 6 months.

Have a read so you are totally familiar with what is required (refusals are expensive and it seems like your last application was refused because you didn't send in paperwork to meet the requirements.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:58 pm

There are 7 different categories (and some can be combined). 6 months of payslips for ONE EMPLOYER is required for Category A. Category B can be used if you have earned £18600 in the past year but haven't worked for the same employer for 6 months.

Have a read so you are totally familiar with what is required (refusals are expensive and it seems like your last application was refused because you didn't send in paperwork to meet the requirements.

Thank you ever so much. I am Eternally grateful for this link. It is so useful....

I might wait another month or so to apply under category A (I started a new contract in June 2018) or just apply under category B...

However, does category A entail Bank statements as well as payslips?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 pm

MC kaiser wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Thank you ever so much. I am Eternally grateful for this link. It is so useful....

I might wait another month or so to apply under category A (I started a new contract in June 2018) or just apply under category B...

However, does category A entail Bank statements as well as payslips?
Have a read - they ALL require bank statements (to match up pay slips to what has actually gone into your account. They don't care how much money you are left with at the end of the month!)

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:08 am

Have a read - they ALL require bank statements (to match up pay slips to what has actually gone into your account. They don't care how much money you are left with at the end of the month!)
Thank you. Lastly, If I'm going to apply under Category A....does the 6 months they require start from the date of employment (contract/letter of employment) or the actual first payslip (which would obviously be the next month if it's monthly payments)?

It is not too clear on the link and I've read somewhere that they (Home Office/Entry Clearance) want to see the first date of employment...

Any advice would be helpful before we apply 😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 am

You require 6 months payslips, which is 6 months employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 am
You require 6 months payslips, which is 6 months employment.
Thank you.
I guess that would mean me starting the application in December 2018 (under Category A) as the contract started in June 2018 (letter of employment/contract) but my first payslip was in July 2018...

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:04 am

Once you receive your sixth payslip in December you can submit your application online. Make sure you have employer letter etc too. Also make sure none of the 6 payslips show a gross less than £1550

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:11 am

Thank you. That's brilliant.
You folks have been very helpful....

Providing the 6 payslips or evidence of the gross will not be a problem but my Wife and I are at a stage where we can't wait till December, we might go for Category B (12 month's) hahaha but I've had some gaps due to agency work, some self employed work and visits to Nigeria.

I only had continuous work with no gaps from February 2018 till present (2 different contracts as mentioned).

Will the gaps in employment affect the application even if they all add up to £18,600 or more?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:47 am

Gaps does not matter for CAT B. For this category you just need to show 12 months worth of payslips, bank statements and employment details for all jobs. It's much more paperwork. CAT A will be much less paperwork.

You meet the requirement for both.

It's your call