ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

days short of unmarried partner visa 2 year cohab- advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

bubbles1
Newly Registered
Australia

days short of unmarried partner visa 2 year cohab- advise

Post by bubbles1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm currntly in the UK on a Youth mobility visa
My visa runs out early november, im looking to apply under an unmarried parter visa, but due to circumstances my parter and i will be short 9 days of the two year minimum akin to marriage cohabitation requirement.

i've read so many posts and stories and its left me more confused as to how to proceed.

Option one: i apply anyway, plead my case and hope for the best. (study/ closing bank accounts all that jazz) we have all the documents and meet all other requirments. but obviously risky

option two: leave the country, return / activate a tourist visa, wait the 9 days then submit. obviously the more expensive option and this will mean i will not be able to continue working once my visa expires and im waiting for the next one, but then i meet all requirements and am more likely to be approved

do i have any other options? (marriage is not an option right now)
any suggestions or stories?

thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: days short of unmarried partner visa 2 year cohab- advise

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Option one: i apply anyway, plead my case and hope for the best. (study/ closing bank accounts all that jazz) we have all the documents and meet all other requirments. but obviously risky
This one, apply by post as close to your current visa expiry date as possible.
option two: leave the country, return / activate a tourist visa, wait the 9 days then submit. obviously the more expensive option and this will mean i will not be able to continue working once my visa expires and im waiting for the next one, but then i meet all requirements and am more likely to be approved
Risky as no guarantee you will be allowed to re-enter the UK so soon after Tier 5 expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bubbles1
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by bubbles1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:12 pm

ahhh Thankyou.. hadn’t considered issues with a quick re enter

Thanks for your help... am I correct in believing as long as they receive the application sometime within the 28 days prior to my visa expiring I’m able to continue to work until I receive my response..

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 pm
Risky as no guarantee you will be allowed to re-enter the UK so soon after Tier 5 expiry.

You would still need to apply for entry clearance with this option - which means from a country where you hold legal residence. You can't change to any other visa from a visitor visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:50 pm

bubbles1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:12 pm
ahhh Thankyou.. hadn’t considered issues with a quick re enter

Thanks for your help... am I correct in believing as long as they receive the application sometime within the 28 days prior to my visa expiring I’m able to continue to work until I receive my response..
Yes, you can continue working, but you should apply as close to your expiry date as possible to reduce the days you are short.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.