ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Academic tax-free stipend

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

salman128
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Academic tax-free stipend

Post by salman128 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a query that I hope someone with more experience in this area may be able to answer directly.
I am applying to extend my wife's visa that is expiring in a couple of months and generally have most of the documentation and paperwork covered except for the financial evidence.

I am a PhD student in receipt of a tax-free stipend of £18,400 p/a and have a letter from the university and bank statements to prove this. This however, leaves us £200 short of the £18,600 requirement which I was intending to make up with my wife's income. Combining the two is a little complicated due to her technically being self-employed.

In the hope of cutting down the paperwork, I came across Chapter 6.4 in Appendix FM Sec 7.1 that states when a maintenance grant or stipend is received, to meet the gross financial requirement, the equivalent tax free income required is £15,800.

Does this mean that I can effectively meet the financial requirement on my own?
Sorry if this sounds obvious, but I want to make sure that I understood this correctly.

Thanks in advance.