ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS dependant application proof of relationship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

im0001
Newly Registered

PBS dependant - how long before expiry can it be extended

Post by im0001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi All,

My PBS dependant visa is due an extension and I would really appreciate if you can help me with the questions below:

Can the application for the extension of Tier 2 PBS dependant visa (on its own, not with the main applicant) be submitted 2 months before the expiry date on the visa?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant - how long before expiry can it be extended

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:34 pm

If the main applicant is still a tier 2 visa holder and also needs an extension, then you can only apply when the main visa holder does. You cannot apply independently on your own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

im0001
Newly Registered

Post by im0001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your response. The main applicant is on ILR and I will be extending the visa on my own. Can I apply 2 months before the expiry date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 am

On what basis did you partner obtain ILR, PBS route or long residence?

You can apply at any time. It will be a 3 year extension.

Have you been maintaining funds for 90 days?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

im0001
Newly Registered

Post by im0001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks again for your response. The ILR was received based on the Tier 2 General five year route. Yes, that funds have been maintained for past 4 months.

im0001
Newly Registered

Tier 2 PBS dependant application proof of relationship

Post by im0001 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:41 am

Hello,

I am applying for the extension of my PBS dependant Visa. I am dependant on my Husband who is now on ILR.
Do I need to submit the proof of relationship with my visa application? Below is the text from the guidance notes which states that it's not needed if you are married. Please, can someone clarify?

"Where you are applying as the partner of a PBS migrant but are not married or in a civil
partnership with them you will need to provide documents to show that you have been living in
a relationship akin to marriage/civil partnership for a period of at least two years – documents
should therefore cover the whole of this period. Documents will only be accepted where they
are from official sources such as utility bills or NHS registration."