ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics instruction letter - how long does it take to arrive?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PleasantThebest
South Africa

Biometrics instruction letter - how long does it take to arrive?

Post by PleasantThebest » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:56 am

Hi all,

So I applied for BC online through the UKF route on 5 August 2018. I received an automated acknowledgement email on 6 August 2018. I sent all original supporting documents via DHL to Liverpool and they were received and signed for by someone (I have the signatory's name) on 9 August. Since then I have not received anything regarding biometric enrolment. Nothing in the post or via email.

I sent an email to nationalitybiometrics with my case number requesting an update - the automated response is "we'll respond within 10 working days". Today is the 11th working day and I haven't received a reply.

How long does it take for them to send the instruction? Based on some timelines that I've seen on this forum across the BC application mechanisms, seems like the instructions come quite quickly after receiving acknowledgement. And usually via email.

I applied from South Africa. My case seems fairly straight-forward. Maybe i'm just being hasty.

Any of your thoughts would be appreciated :)

luthersnowak
United States of America

Re: Biometrics instruction letter - how long does it take to arrive?

Post by luthersnowak » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:30 pm

PleasantThebest wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:56 am
Hi all,

So I applied for BC online through the UKF route on 5 August 2018. I received an automated acknowledgement email on 6 August 2018. I sent all original supporting documents via DHL to Liverpool and they were received and signed for by someone (I have the signatory's name) on 9 August. Since then I have not received anything regarding biometric enrolment. Nothing in the post or via email.

I sent an email to nationalitybiometrics with my case number requesting an update - the automated response is "we'll respond within 10 working days". Today is the 11th working day and I haven't received a reply.

How long does it take for them to send the instruction? Based on some timelines that I've seen on this forum across the BC application mechanisms, seems like the instructions come quite quickly after receiving acknowledgement. And usually via email.

I applied from South Africa. My case seems fairly straight-forward. Maybe i'm just being hasty.

If it helps, I received a case number for a UKM application June 28th. I did not receive a biometrics request until August 22nd. I emailed "NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" on August 14th. They responded with a standard email, but attached was a form to complete and submit to "furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk". After completing the form and submitting it on August 20th, I received a biometric enrollment invite. I don't know if my email prompted the request, or if it was just coincidence that it came two days later.

PleasantThebest
South Africa

Post by PleasantThebest » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:50 pm

luthersnowak wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:30 pm
PleasantThebest wrote:
Hi all,

If it helps, I received a case number for a UKM application June 28th. I did not receive a biometrics request until August 22nd. I emailed "NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" on August 14th. They responded with a standard email, but attached was a form to complete and submit to "furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk". After completing the form and submitting it on August 20th, I received a biometric enrollment invite. I don't know if my email prompted the request, or if it was just coincidence that it came two days later.
Thanks for the tip. I sent another email to nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk earlier today. Will see if I get a response within another 10 days. Otherwise I'll try what you suggested. I'm nervous about phoning the Home Office.. it can cost a fortune, just under 1.37 pounds a minute on top of an international call from South Africa, only for it to be a waste of time... not sure what else to do at this point.

PleasantThebest
South Africa

Post by PleasantThebest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 pm

luthersnowak wrote:
PleasantThebest wrote:
Hi all,

Did you apply from abroad or from within the UK? I see the furthernationality email address is only for applications within the UK..

ElMac94
United States of America

Post by ElMac94 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 pm

I posted form UKF from the US, it arrived on 18 September 2018. Received an email acknowledging application on the 24th, also had ceremony funds deducted the day before. Today I received an email with instructions on how to set up a biometrics appointment. Don't know if that means they are moving quickly or if they generally process biometrics before anything else.

luthersnowak
United States of America

Post by luthersnowak » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 pm

PleasantThebest wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 pm
luthersnowak wrote:
PleasantThebest wrote:
Hi all,

Did you apply from abroad or from within the UK? I see the furthernationality email address is only for applications within the UK..
I apologize for not responding sooner. I hadn’t realized it was exclusively for applicants in the U.K. at the time. I was emailed after I had received the Biometric invitation, to inform me it was not the correct address. That being said, there doesn’t appear to be an alternate email for those outside the U.K.

PleasantThebest
South Africa

Post by PleasantThebest » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:01 am

ElMac94 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 pm
I posted form UKF from the US, it arrived on 18 September 2018. Received an email acknowledging application on the 24th, also had ceremony funds deducted the day before. Today I received an email with instructions on how to set up a biometrics appointment. Don't know if that means they are moving quickly or if they generally process biometrics before anything else.
Nice.. I'm not sure how they do it though. Its been nearly 2 months since i submitted UKF online. Still no instructions re. biometrics

ElMac94
United States of America

Post by ElMac94 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Here's the email they sent me yesterday (obviously specific to a US applicant):
Please see below for your Biometric enrolment information and follow the instructions given,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your application for British Citizenship.

To enable you to enrol your biometrics for your application you will need to visit an Application Support Centre in the USA, please choose your preferred centre from the list found at
can you please first visit https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?actio ... e_type=ASC .

Do not book your appointment on the website, but instead e-mail UKVINewYork.Correspondence@fco.gsi.gov.uk who will assist you in booking an appointment. Within your e-mail please ensure you provide the following:

· Name,
· D.O.B,
· your preferred Application Support Centre and,
· a date you will be able to attend.

Please be aware, when contacting the email address noted above, please specify the date that you will be able to attend for biometrics, this date should be at least 2 weeks after the date you send your request.

We will attempt to accommodate this specified preference, where possible. Please be aware knowing this will allow us to issue your biometric enrolment invitation sooner.

Once you have booked your appointment you will receive a letter confirming all the details. You will need to take this with you when you attend your appointment or you will be unable to enrol your biometrics. Your Reference number (beginning GWF9) will be located on this letter.

Kind Regards

Home Office