ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Girlfriends stamp 4 expires 4 months after she is eligible for citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Doriath
Newly Registered
Ireland

Girlfriends stamp 4 expires 4 months after she is eligible for citizenship

Post by Doriath » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi all,

Hopefully somebody has this problem before.

My girlfriend has a Stamp 4 EUFAM (separated from her ex for 3 years) and she is apply for naturalized citizenship based on 5 years residency. She has her residency requirements accrued in Feb but her Stamp expires in June/July. Has anyone been in this situation before?

I have emailed INIS and am waiting for the reply on what our options are.. i know she can leave the country for 6 weeks(or more if INIS agree) and i'm thinking she will just have to leave while her citizenship is being processed but i'm curious about other peoples first hand experiences.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Girlfriends stamp 4 expires 4 months after she is eligible for citizenship

Post by max307 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Doriath wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi all,

My girlfriend has a Stamp 4 EUFAM (separated from her ex for 3 years) and she is apply for naturalized citizenship based on 5 years residency. She has her residency requirements accrued in Feb but her Stamp expires in June/July. Has anyone been in this situation before?

I have emailed INIS and am waiting for the reply on what our options are.. i know she can leave the country for 6 weeks(or more if INIS agree) and i'm thinking she will just have to leave while her citizenship is being processed but i'm curious about other peoples first hand experiences.
What exactly is your question? Your concern is that the Stamp 4EUFAM is expiring or that she needs to travel abroad on that Stamp 4EUFAM that is about to expire?

If she's planning to apply for Irish citizenship the current Stamp 4EUFAM will need to be renewed regardless. Once the application is approved INIS will ask for the actual Stamp 4 EUFAM card and it has be valid - it can't be an expired card.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Doriath
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Doriath » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm

max307 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm
Doriath wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi all,

What exactly is your question? Your concern is that the Stamp 4EUFAM is expiring or that she needs to travel abroad on that Stamp 4EUFAM that is about to expire?

If she's planning to apply for Irish citizenship the current Stamp 4EUFAM will need to be renewed regardless. Once the application is approved INIS will ask for the actual Stamp 4 EUFAM card and it has be valid - it can't be an expired card.

My question was around if her stamps can expire during the citizenship application without renewal (after she gets her passport back).. think you answered it though :)

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Yes, she will need to renew it as soon as she gets her passport back :)
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.