ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gmh77
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Gmh77 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am

Kwipeh wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:42 am

I'll probably receive a chiding from the admin for erroneously posting a question to you on the timeline thread. I was curious about your immigration history and the basics of your case. I am hoping to be granted leave outside the rules as well hence my curiosity. Do you mind elaborating on your immigration history? And congratulations!
Hi Kwipeh. This thread is allowed chat it is the other one which has a no chat policy. My partner came to the UK illegally and overstayed for 9 years. He tried several times before we met to legalise his stay but to no avail. We applied FP 4 years ago together based on me being disabled and my spouse being my sole carer. But this was refused due to negative immigration history (including an asylum claim not disclosed). The HO stated we had no insurmountable reasons he couldn't return to his home country to apply. This decision was upheld at both FTT and UT. By now we had a baby together. So reapplied on the basis that I cannot care for the child alone.

PS: BRP has arrived today.

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Arham208 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm
Monz wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:39 am
Monz wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:53 am
Vini81 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:21 pm
Zee, don't think your comment is appropriate as his/her question is a legit one. Some people here got decisions in 24/48 hours after providing further docs. Other, waited longer as it is in our case.
I understand it is frustrating, I am on the same boat but I think we need to understand each case is different.

I am a bit fed up as they say a decision would be made 'promptly' and 4,6 weeks is nowhere near that.
Thanks .they have given us time till 2nd October to send proof of children’s adress .lets c we r gathering all docu .hope for the best .plz update if if u hear back from HO .need prayers :( ..

To answer your question Dear Monz, you sit and wait. I've been waiting for nearly 4 weeks now, Zee has been waiting waiting for 6 weeks after providing further proof so, we don't really know. We hope for the best!

It could be a positive outcome or not, I personally don't understand why they would ask é for such proof then refuse the application but, HO is HO so, we never know and then again we hope for the best.

Hope you get a decision soon!

Thanks .they have given us time till 2nd October to send proof of children’s adress .lets c we r gathering all docu .hope for the best .plz update if if u hear back from HO .need prayers :( ..
Hi monz, can u tell what's ur case history? On what bases u send ur application? I had send them additional documents on 13 September 2018 and I still didn't get anything... I am also worried.. Plz share ur case history..
Thanks

Came in Uk April 2011 with husband and with 4 year old daughter on student visa
2014 applied tier2 got visa but later sponsor revoked
2012 child born here
Applied flr 2017 November
Received additional document email for which we r gathering all docu
But our solicitor saying it’s not guaranteed they can refuse as well with no right of appeal .as our child who is born here is 6 but daughter have spent 7 years here but not born here .

mehr01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mehr01 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:04 am

Application base: FLR(FP) partner route two years of living relationship
Application Date: 17 may 2018
Acknowledge: 6 june 2018
Biometric done: 8 june 2018
Decision: pending.
I came here on tier 4 student visa in sep 2014 my visa was valid till may 2017. partner has a permanent residence card (PR). misguided by solicitors 🙄 and overstayed for an year than applied flr fp with 2 and half year cohabitation proofs. I have sent my 2 year old sons british passport in august to HO today recieved back by my solicitor . does this mean they are processing the application ???or its just there normal procedure and have to wait for a long time ??? please if anyone can solve the confusion

omo2323
Newly Registered

Post by omo2323 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:54 am

mehr01 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:04 am
Application base: FLR(FP) partner route two years of living relationship
Application Date: 17 may 2018
Acknowledge: 6 june 2018
Biometric done: 8 june 2018
Decision: pending.
I came here on tier 4 student visa in sep 2014 my visa was valid till may 2017. partner has a permanent residence card (PR). misguided by solicitors 🙄 and overstayed for an year than applied flr fp with 2 and half year cohabitation proofs. I have sent my 2 year old sons british passport in august to HO today recieved back by my solicitor . does this mean they are processing the application ???or its just there normal procedure and have to wait for a long time ??? please if anyone can solve the confusion
your application is just 4 months,and u have started to convince, at least wait 6 months before u brings the complain,on your acknowledgements letter it would have said it take longer periods to make decisions btw 6 months and 9 months even it can take up to a year in some cases,so my dear,u are not even half way wait and u are getting confuse, pls dont be,some submitted since December 2017 and they are yet to get any update....home office take a very long time to make a decision, your lawyer should have told you that, standard application is between 6 to 9 months ok.

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi I need help regarding our additional docu .what shud I tell my kids school to provide me for proof of adress n if we are listed as emergency contact and how much days do they take to send .we need to submit till 2 Oct .

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Monz wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:54 pm
Hi I need help regarding our additional docu .what shud I tell my kids school to provide me for proof of adress n if we are listed as emergency contact and how much days do they take to send .we need to submit till 2 Oct .
I think just tell them that for administrative purposes you need a letter addressed to you as the parent of the child. Let them know it is to confirm that you're registered at the school as the parent, the child lives with you, and you are listed as the emergency contact.

I reckon schools get this sort of request fairly often, it should not be a big deal. Tell them tomorrow and nicely ask them to put it in the post same day and/or give you a copy directly just in case. If you have it by Friday the 28th, I think you're safe.

All the best.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:28 am

Hi,

We had to submit ours by the 3rd of September and HO contacted us requesting these docs over the school holiday, such a rush... I managed to get in touch with school a day before I passed all docs on to solicitors which was posted to HO the next day 30th.

Everytime I approached the school to ask for a letter I mentioned it was for immigration purposes and even now I have showed them the letter HO sent us with no problem.

Make sure the letter is addressed to Visas and Immigration and that it contains the information requested such as proof of address and list as emergency contact. You'll be fine!

Same with the GP, they printed the registration details for both our daughters which lists them at the same address as ours. That's all you need really.

The HO mentioned in their letter that they would accept one or another but we decided to send them everything we got.

Hope it all goes well for you guys. We keep waiting..!

Monz wrote:

Monz wrote:

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks I followed the instructions and got letter from school as a proof of adress .thanks for your suggestions really appreciate.it seems like everyone is getting same letter from HO nowadays to proof child’s adress even in 7 year cases not sure what they r upto .

Arham208

Post by Arham208 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Monz wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:38 pm
Thanks I followed the instructions and got letter from school as a proof of adress .thanks for your suggestions really appreciate.it seems like everyone is getting same letter from HO nowadays to proof child’s adress even in 7 year cases not sure what they r upto .
Yes why they are sending every other person this letter? Is anyone know anyone who get a visa after sending these additional documents??

catbelly
Newly Registered

Post by catbelly » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:07 pm

Application type (FLR(FP); FLR(O); DLR): FLR(FP) Parent of Bristish Child
Application Submitted on : 21st Nov. 2017
Postal or In Person Application : Postal
Acknowledgement Received on (for postal app) : 28th Feb 2018
Biometric Letter Received : 28th Feb 2018
Biometrics Enrolled on : 1st March 2018
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): Requested on 3rd Sep.2018, Submitted on 6th Sep.2018
Decision of Application : Granted 10yr route outside of the rules. :D :D :D
Date of Decision : 21st September 2018

omo2323
Newly Registered

Post by omo2323 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:38 pm

[quote=catbelly post_id=1686106 time=1538068071 user_id=202719]
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): Requested on 3rd Sep.2018, Submitted on 6th Sep.2018

a big congratulations to you,what a relief for you

Arham208

Post by Arham208 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:11 pm

catbelly wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:07 pm
Congratulations... Can u plz tell me what additional documents they used from u? Was that same documents they ask like to submit that child have a same address as parents, like letters from schools and gp etc etc??

catbelly
Newly Registered

Post by catbelly » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Yes, they asked for GP/NHS letters, letter from the school and prove of address. :shock: :shock:

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 am

Catbelly,

First of all congrats on your visa and thanks for sharing this moment with us.

I just wanted to ask : Is your partner British? Your child was obviously born here right? How old is he/she?

I have a friend who applied for FLP(FP) and after a 16 months wait they were refused with in country appeal. The child is 9 years old and HO completely ignored the 7 year rule.

I am waiting myself after providing further documents, same one they asked from you. It's been 4 weeks now.

Thank you and best wishes

catbelly wrote:

catbelly
Newly Registered

Post by catbelly » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 am

Vini81,
My Child is a British Born,with British Passport. Mum also is a British Citizen.

My child is 2.5 years old. Hope that helps?

catbelly
Newly Registered

Post by catbelly » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:56 am

I wish you a good luck Vini81....May you hear a good news soon.

Arham208

Post by Arham208 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 am
Catbelly,

First of all congrats on your visa and thanks for sharing this moment with us.

I just wanted to ask : Is your partner British? Your child was obviously born here right? How old is he/she?

I have a friend who applied for FLP(FP) and after a 16 months wait they were refused with in country appeal. The child is 9 years old and HO completely ignored the 7 year rule.

I am waiting myself after providing further documents, same one they asked from you. It's been 4 weeks now.

Thank you and best wishes

Hi catbelly,
What's ur friend's case history?

catbelly wrote:

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Thank you so much Catbelly. Too many questions right? :)

Thank you for best wishes, I'll be sharing the news soon!

God bless you all!

catbelly wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 am
Vini81,
My Child is a British Born,with British Passport. Mum also is a British Citizen.

My child is 2.5 years old. Hope that helps?

R k
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by R k » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Hello
One question is any one apply in sept 2016 and not case decided yet no response after acknowledgment and biometric letter?my solicitor email them they only reply my case is complex and my mp as well contact them and same result complex?i dont know y home office takeing long time its more then 2 years now?any one same like mine please?

PakistanZindabad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by PakistanZindabad » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:04 am

i submitted my FLR FP application on 23 March 2017 and the case is still pending.

Arham208

Post by Arham208 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:57 am

R k wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 pm
Hello
One question is any one apply in sept 2016 and not case decided yet no response after acknowledgment and biometric letter?my solicitor email them they only reply my case is complex and my mp as well contact them and same result complex?i dont know y home office takeing long time its more then 2 years now?any one same like mine please?
What's your case history?

Jin022
Newly Registered

Post by Jin022 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 am

R k wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 pm
Hello
No way that long which bases you applied on?

R k
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by R k » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:47 pm

I applied on family private life on my british wife and step doughter and i got baby girl 8 months but just my visa curtail before i applied?

fahim93
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by fahim93 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 am

Hello guys, I was on tier 4 visa and I applied for flr fp on october 2017 before my visa expires. I have a british wife and a british child. My son was born after i applied for flr fp. Sent my son's birth certficate on may 2018. I did not get any response from home office until yesterday. My lawyer got an email from home office saying their aim is to make a decision on my case promptly and requested additional documents before 16th of october, If I fail to produce the information requested within the time that has been given they warn that the application will be considered on the basis of the information currently available. I sent my child's british passport and his gp and medical letters along with my wife's pregnancy letters. I am happy that they finally want to decide on my case now but also a bit confused, Does this mean they will grant me the visa?

Punj
Newly Registered

Post by Punj » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:28 am

@fahim
Brother inshALLAH you going to get visa , after sending documents sometime they make decision within week sometime it could take 6-8 weeks but hopefully they will grante you visa Best of luck brother !