ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT Naturalisation Issue - Traffic Offence 2018 Non-disclosure or Deception

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SAAJ786
inactive

URGENT Naturalisation Issue - Traffic Offence 2018 Non-disclosure or Deception

Post by SAAJ786 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello guys,

I have already applied for the BC / Naturalization (Online Application) on 17-09-2018.

Background:

11+ years - ILR

Question:

Regarding the conviction section;

I have ticked NOT ANY or NON in the conviction section of the naturalisation form;
I just realised that I had been given 3 points and £80 fine back in Jan-2010.

Was I suppose to mention this anywhere in the conviction section of the naturalisation form?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SAAJ786
inactive

Disclosure of Simple Caution (5 years old) in British Citizenship Application

Post by SAAJ786 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Hello guys,

I have already applied for the BC / Naturalization (Online Application) on 17-09-2018.

Background:

11+ years - ILR

Question:

Regarding the conviction section;

I have ticked NOT ANY or NON in the conviction section of the naturalisation form;
I just realized that I had been given 3 points and £80 fine back in Jan-2010.

Was I suppose to mention this 8-year-old conviction anywhere in the conviction section of the naturalization form?

I never went to court, I paid for everything on the spot within 7 days. my points are all cleared for years now, I also have checked through DVLA code summary system, all clear.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

IF YES; then is there anything I can do now (write them a letter or make a phone call to HO etc.) prior to their decision on my application?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT Naturalisation Issue - Traffic Offence 2018 Non-disclosure or Deception

Post by equitydealer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:06 am

I believe you are meant to declare all criminal convictions which include road traffic offences (FPNs). Yours was from some time ago so wouldn’t affect your application but would still need to be declared. Perhaps write to them (using recorded delivery) with your application number explaining that you forgot to mention this? Your application is recent so unlikely to have been processed yet.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

vaibhavg18mau

Re: URGENT Naturalisation Issue - Traffic Offence 2018 Non-disclosure or Deception

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:18 pm

looks like your application is early stages. I had same issue (one FPN in Feb2016 and applied for naturlisation in Aug 2018) and I have declared my FPN on application form, also attached FPN notice along with proof of payment.

Its not too late to send them cover letter along with any proof you have for the payment of FPN. I dont think this should result in refusal (unless the fine was provided by the court).

More experienced member can give more insight on this issue.

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Post by nagasaki99 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:16 am

these are the kind of issues whereby we decided to use the National checking at my local council, service, for my wifes registration earlier the year, we explained the situation regatding my wifes traffic offence, she phoned someone up at the Home Office, who said that it wasn't necessary to specifically put it on, his ws noted on the application, and the application sent off, and my wife was duly registered, obviously my wife's and your circumstances may be completely different, however this worked for us, and removed quite a bit of stress around the application concerning what was no more than a minor traffic infringement

SAAJ786
inactive

Post by SAAJ786 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Thank you so much for your kind replies.

I really appreciate that.

I am really confused here. won't it will be like opening up a can of worms? if I send a letter to them now?

It was 8 years ago, and I never went to court. I have sent them dvla summary with active code, 0 offenses 0 convictions.

I also just remembered a new thing; back in 2015 I applied for K1 fiance visa (USA), and one of the requirement was to obtain ACRO Police certificate, I just looked around the house and I actually found that certificate, This certificate from 2015 says NO TRACE in all sections;

Exact wording;
(SUMMARY OF CONVICTIONS AND REPRIMANDS / WARNINGS / CAUTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RETENTIONS GUIDELINES AND STEPDOWN MODEL) - NO TRACE

Any thoughts?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 am

See also opinion.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MamaLaalu
BANNED
Mood:

Post by MamaLaalu » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 am
See also opinion.
Hello Vinny,

I am interested in this post.

But the link you have shared, I think it is about some other things? No where they are talking about traffic offenses or FPN's?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:09 pm

MamaLaalu wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm
vinny wrote:
See also opinion.
Hello Vinny,

But the link you have shared, I think it is about some other things? No where they are talking about traffic offenses or FPN's?

Thanks
Why have you registered a second username to continue posting?? Both usernames posting from the same static IP address.

That is besides the fact that your email address used for this new username is crude and vulgar!!

member/MamaLaalu/

member/SAAJ786/

Multiple Usernames (click)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MamaLaalu
BANNED
Mood:

Post by MamaLaalu » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:09 pm
MamaLaalu wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm
vinny wrote:
See also opinion.
Hello Vinny,

Thanks
Why have you registered a second username to continue posting?? Both usernames posting from the same static IP address.

That is besides the fact that your email address used for this new username is crude and vulgar!!

member/MamaLaalu/

member/SAAJ786/

Multiple Usernames (click)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Hello dear,

I sent a notice to the administrator to delete my old account?
I think you did not receive it, please check otherwise I can send again.
Regarding the email address, I believed that the members cannot see each other's email address?

I would like to have this account, please? kindly delete my old accounts.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 pm

MamaLaalu wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Hello dear,

I sent a notice to the administrator to delete my old account?
I think you did not receive it, please check otherwise I can send again.
Regarding the email address, I believed that the members cannot see each other's email address?

I would like to have this account, please? kindly delete my old accounts.

Many thanks
The 'administrator' does do the day to day admin on the forum and hardly ever logs in. There is a specific topic to request this. Posts and usernames are not deleted.

comments-about-discussion-board/if-you- ... 92946.html

It is offensive to the female moderators on the forum (yes, we are not all male)!!!

I will deactivate your other username.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.