ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Only Me

Adopting Wives Daughter!

Post by Only Me » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Admin if not suitable please remove!

I am soon marrying my Fiancee in Russia and we have chatted about me adopting her young daughter before they come to the UK to live. Has anyone in the forum done this, or has any information regarding this kind of adoption, as I can only find information on adopting from an Orphanage.

Due to sad events, there is no biological father, so we don't need his permission for the adoption etc.

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks in advance.

Only Me

Spouse and Child Visa? Same application or seperate?

Post by Only Me » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have just got married to my fiancee of 3 years and we are are starting to get everything together for the Spouse application so that she can come and live in the UK along with her young daughter who is 10.

Do we have to do two separate applications one for my Wife and one for her daughter, or will my wife's application include her daughter due to her being a dependant?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse and Child Visa? Same application or seperate?

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Only Me wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:38 pm
Hi Everyone,

I have just got married to my fiancee of 3 years and we are are starting to get everything together for the Spouse application so that she can come and live in the UK along with her young daughter who is 10.

Do we have to do two separate applications one for my Wife and one for her daughter, or will my wife's application include her daughter due to her being a dependant?

Thanks in advance.
Most importantly she must have officially approved custody of her child.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:42 pm
The other parent is no longer of this world.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 pm
seagul wrote:
:roll: :roll: how you assumed that?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 pm
seagul wrote:
:roll: :roll: how you assumed that?
Reading previous posts, just an idea!!!

immigration-for-family-members/adopting ... l#p1644222
Only Me wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm
Admin if not suitable please remove!

I am soon marrying my Fiancee in Russia and we have chatted about me adopting her young daughter before they come to the UK to live. Has anyone in the forum done this, or has any information regarding this kind of adoption, as I can only find information on adopting from an Orphanage.

Due to sad events, there is no biological father, so we don't need his permission for the adoption etc.

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Only Me

Post by Only Me » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Thanks, CR001, I find all this a huge minefield of information and it seems they will turn you down for any tiny mistake made. So two applications are needed from what I can see, we can't do anything yet until their International passports are returned with name change etc.

Only Me

Appendix 2 and Form SU07

Post by Only Me » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am

Hello

We have just started the application for my Wife to join me in the UK, I have read through Appendix 2 and a little confused, I meet the financial requirements as her husband to cover the amount for her, but in part 3.3 it asks how do you meet the requirement, is this meant for my wife or me? As it goes on in Part 3A about my earnings etc.

My wife works in her own country but doesn't meet the financial requirements set out in Part 3.3, do we leave this blanc? Also, do I have to include Form SU07 as a sponsor?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Appendix 2 and Form SU07

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 am

Only your income is counted so it is all your details.

SU07 is not required for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Only Me

Childrens Settlement Visa

Post by Only Me » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:53 pm

Hello Everyone, Just a quick question, we are applying for a Spouse visa for my wife which I believe is called a settlement visa. What visa do we have to apply for, for her child (My Step Daughter) who is 11? Is that also a settlement Visa.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by Only Me on Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Childrens Settlement Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Only Me wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:53 pm
Hello Everyone, Just a quick question, we are applying for a Spouse visa for my wife which I believe is called a settlement visa. What visa do we have to apply for, for her child (My Step Daughter) who is 12? Is that also a settlement Visa.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Child Settlement visa yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Only Me

Re: Childrens Settlement Visa

Post by Only Me » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:59 pm

That's great thanks for that CR001! On the right track now :D

Only Me

Application and supporting documents for settlement visa

Post by Only Me » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

When my wife goes to Moscow for Biometrics etc for her and her daughter's application, is it best she produces all supporting documentation there or for me to send it to Sheffield myself within the UK. If its best for Moscow then do I have to send my wage slips etc to her or can I send my documents again myself in the UK.

Only Me

Supporting Documents

Post by Only Me » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:50 pm

When my wife goes to Moscow for Biometrics etc for her and her daughter's application, is it best she produces all supporting documentation there or for me to send it to Sheffield myself within the UK. If its best for Moscow then do I have to send my wage slips etc to her or can I send my documents again myself in the UK

EastLondoner

Re: Supporting Documents

Post by EastLondoner » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi Only Me,

It seems like the requirements vary from country to country - and there are plenty of contradictions.

Where my wife applied from - the website stated that she should send the documents to Sheffield ASAP after submitting her online application (before biometrics).
Yet when she received her email regarding the biometrics appointment, she was told to bring all supporting documents with her....

When she went - with all supporting documents - they weren't required, and she had to send them back to me (just after i'd sent them to her!).

The best thing I can suggest is ringing the relevant department in Moscow - I know this may not be possible though...

Only Me

Re: Supporting Documents

Post by Only Me » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks, EastLondoner for the advice, shes off to Moscow to do her A1 IELTS next week, I'll get her to call into the Visa Centre there if possible and ask for information.

EastLondoner wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:25 pm
Hi Only Me,

It seems like the requirements vary from country to country - and there are plenty of contradictions.

Where my wife applied from - the website stated that she should send the documents to Sheffield ASAP after submitting her online application (before biometrics).
Yet when she received her email regarding the biometrics appointment, she was told to bring all supporting documents with her....

When she went - with all supporting documents - they weren't required, and she had to send them back to me (just after i'd sent them to her!).

The best thing I can suggest is ringing the relevant department in Moscow - I know this may not be possible though...