ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Refused - traffic offence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tnaeem
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Citizenship Refused - traffic offence

Post by tnaeem » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi Guys,
Bad news for me as I got a refusal letter for my citizenship application today. It says decision is based on section 15 of citizenship act which allows the minister to decide whether someone is of a good character or not and to allow or refuse it. There is no appeals that can be made to the existing application.
The complete details of driving offence was sent with the application and it was a solicitor who dealt with the application. Now I'm unsure how to proceed further. My current stamp expires in february next year, been on stamp 4 for a long time.
Any ideas on what to do next?
Thankyou in advance
T

abelekhoh
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Refused - traffic offence

Post by abelekhoh » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 pm

tnaeem wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm
Hi Guys,
Bad news for me as I got a refusal letter for my citizenship application today. It says decision is based on section 15 of citizenship act which allows the minister to decide whether someone is of a good character or not and to allow or refuse it. There is no appeals that can be made to the existing application.
The complete details of driving offence was sent with the application and it was a solicitor who dealt with the application. Now I'm unsure how to proceed further. My current stamp expires in february next year, been on stamp 4 for a long time.
Thankyou in advance
T
i feel sorry for that they refused your application based on Traffic offence
could you please share what was the offence did you appear in court for that & when did you apply
Thanks

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:22 am

tnaeem wrote:
Hi Guys,
Thankyou in advance
T
Sorry to hear that! Was it before the second stage letter or after the second stage letter that your application was refused?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:22 pm

tnaeem wrote:
Hi Guys,
Thankyou in advance
T
The fact that the application for naturalisation was refused does not mean that you no longer have permission to remain in the country, you can renew you Stamp 4 in February if your personal circumstances in the state have not changed.

Did you disclose the traffic offense in your application? We are seeing more and more of these cases where applications are being refused on technicalities so my recommendation to anyone applying is to be honest and upfront about any issues they had before or during the application.

You can reapply in the future for naturalisation again and I would try to include a letter of remorse or some other good character documentation to help you get over that traffic offense issue.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

tnaeem
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tnaeem » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:44 am

It was refused on second stage.
Everything was disclosed in the original application, so nothing was deliberately covered up. I applied six months after I was allowed to drive. Had no idea at all this was going to turn into such a serious matter.
Can't get over the wording "not of good character".
T

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 am

tnaeem wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:44 am
Everything was disclosed in the original application, so nothing was deliberately covered up. I applied six months after I was allowed to drive. Had no idea at all this was going to turn into such a serious matter.
T
Hi tnaeem@
Can you please tell me when you apply for your naturalisation how long took the time for decision

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:17 am

tnaeem wrote:
T
im sorry to hear that man
as you said you applied 6 months after you were allowed to drive that suggest to me you the traffic offense was serious and depending on what you did they can establish if your off good character or not having said that if they knew all along they should have refused your application back in 2016 and disqualifiy you to apply for another year and then allow you to write a letter of remorse and let you apply again in an year like 2017 again. holding off application for two year and then refusing it is heart breaking I think the justice dept is not fair that way

what was the offence may I ask.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:27 pm

tnaeem wrote:
T
You were issued a driving ban by a judge! How is it possible you thought it wasn't a serious matter? A driving ban is as serious as it gets.

Make sure you have a clean record from now on, stay out of a trouble for a few years and reapply, try to add a letter of remorse to your new application and maybe some letters from references that can prove your good character since the last application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:17 am
tnaeem wrote:
T
im sorry to hear that man
as you said you applied 6 months after you were allowed to drive that suggest to me you the traffic offense was serious and depending on what you did they can establish if your off good character or not having said that if they knew all along they should have refused your application back in 2016 and disqualifiy you to apply for another year and then allow you to write a letter of remorse and let you apply again in an year like 2017 again. holding off application for two year and then refusing it is heart breaking I think the justice dept is not fair that way

what was the offence may I ask.
The Minister by law is not obliged to give advance notice of adverse information of which the applicant is already aware. Should adverse information come to light in the course of the processing of the application which the applicant could reasonable foresee could be taken into account, the Department will not correspond with the applicant on the matter. However, such information will be taken into consideration in the decision making process.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:46 am

The Minister by law is not obliged to give advance notice of adverse information of which the applicant is already aware. Should adverse information come to light in the course of the processing of the application which the applicant could reasonable foresee could be taken into account, the Department will not correspond with the applicant on the matter. However, such information will be taken into consideration in the decision making process

irrelevant post the OP already stated he informed DOJ about his traffic offence on his application.

MamaLaalu
BANNED
Mood:

Post by MamaLaalu » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:10 pm

tnaeem wrote:
Hi Guys,
Thankyou in advance
T
Sorry for the bad news. never lose the hope. there is always a way. there must be something you can do, seek to advise from some good solicitor.

Can you tell us about the date of the conviction / driving offence and the date of the application, please?

Many thanks