ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Extended Family Member(unmarried partner)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anzets73
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

EEA Extended Family Member(unmarried partner)

Post by Anzets73 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi,
First of all my apologies if not posting in the right place.
I have been another silent member of this forum. This wonderful forum. :D I just want to share my experience.
I am EEA national living in the UK for the last 20 years. Since the start of the year (2018) I have tried to bring to the UK my unmarried partner from the Philippines.
I finally managed to do it thanks to this forum plus with a lot of reading from "uncle" google. :D
My advice to anyone who is trying to apply is to never give up. There is plenty information on this forum.
You do not need any expensive "help" from outside. Don`t be fooled.
I have done the application online and the partner delivered by hand in the Philippines.

Timeline from the Philippines
Application done and delivered on : 6th Sep 2018
Received by UKVI/Sheffield on : 11th Sep 2018
Payment taken on : None (for EEA members is free)
Biometrics Enrolled on : 6th Sep 2018
Email to pick passport on: 25th Sep 2018
Result: Approved.

If we count from the day that it was received and pick it up after (working days only) it was only 10 days.
Very impressive!!!!

Thank you
All the best.. :D

kamoe

Re: EEA Extended Family Member(unmarried partner)

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am

Anzets73 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:30 pm
You do not need any expensive "help" from outside. Don`t be fooled.
I agree to an extent, and for cases that are straightforward, which I think might be most of the cases. But some times people do need some support. You need to be patient, and careful, and detail oriented, and able to read long texts (which less and less people do nowadays), to do these things right. I do not think I need a solicitor, but I know plenty of people who could not be more lost when reading, making sense, and filling the simplest of forms, or making sure they include all the right documents (I've seen the likes of "oops, I thought a copy of the passport was enough", "oops, I forgot to include our marriage certificate"). In these cases, maybe a solicitor is a good option. :idea:

It seems you just got a 6-month family Permit, and I suppose you know this means you need to apply for a proper Residence Card once your partner is in the UK, but just mentioning it for reference to anyone else reading.

Congratulations!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.