ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance As Part-Time student Vs Working Full Time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tottifr
Newly Registered
Italy

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance As Part-Time student Vs Working Full Time

Post by tottifr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi,

I am applying for a EEA (PR) application as a QP.

I have been living in UK from July 2013 until now (September 2018).

I have been working full time from August 2013 until now (September 2018).

In addition, I have been a Part-Time student without a Comprehensive sickness insurance from February 2014 until October 2016, however, I was working Full time and therefore, depended on the NHS.

Do I need to mention anything about my studies in Section 9, or working full time for 5 years should be enough in order to proceed with the application ?

Thanks.

tottifr
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Comprehensive Sickness Insurance As Part-Time student Vs Working Full Time

Post by tottifr » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Any help please ?

Ffmuni
Germany

Post by Ffmuni » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 pm

As I understand it, when you were working full time and paying NI contributions, it does not matter that you were studying part time.

You were not a ‘self sufficient person’ who needed Sickness Insurance if employed and paying NI, paying tax etc.

Being a part time student is equivalent to a hobby if you are in full time employment. iI cannot see how that can affect your application.

Hopefully others will confirm.

Best of luck.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:56 pm

tottifr wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:19 pm
Do I need to mention anything about my studies in Section 9, or working full time for 5 years should be enough in order to proceed with the application ?
Ffmuni wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 pm
As I understand it, when you were working full time and paying NI contributions, it does not matter that you were studying part time.
Correct - if you were a qualified person (worker) for the 5-year QP, it doesn't matter if you were also a student and it's irrelevant if you had/didn't have CSI. That was my case - working full-time but also a part-time student for 1.5 years, no CSI. Got EEA (PR) with no issues.

So in the application form - answer 'No' when it asks if you were a student, then add a covering letter where you explain that you've answered 'No' given you're applying for PR based on the fact that you were a QP (worker), hence it's irrelevant that at the same time you were also a student.

Good luck!
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.