ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner Visa Application Confusion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baronsa12
Newly Registered
Canada

Unmarried Partner Visa Application Confusion

Post by baronsa12 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Hey All,

My partner and I have both come to the UK on a tier 5 Youth Mobility visa. My partner has been sponsored by her work and is now on a Tier 2 Work Visa and my Tier 5 is coming to an end shortly. I have been looking into how I can get sponsored as a partner or dependent. From what we have been reading there are a couple options, either on a PBS Dependant Visa or an unmarried partner visa. We have had some conflicting advice; some stating that it is only possible if she has Indefinite Leave to Remain and some say it is fine for myself to get a sponsored as a partner while she is on Tier 2 Visa. We are about 17 days shy of living together at the same address for 2 years. I was just wondering if anyone else has been through a similar situation or would have any advice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unmarried Partner Visa Application Confusion

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:32 pm

You only have the option of a Tier 2 Dependent visa as a partner. Mandatory 2 years cohabitation evidence required.

The 'Unmarried Partner Visa' you mention, is only relevant to partners of ILR holders or British citizens so you don't qualify for that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baronsa12
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by baronsa12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks so much for the advice. We are going through on the PBS Dependent Visa application route. We have been going through the application to the point of paying NHS fees. I have not noticed a section to add documents supporting our relationship and the length of it. Just slightly confused if that is something that appears after as a prompt, or if its expected that we provide that along with the application anyways? thanks again for your time and insights!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 am

You need to provide it with your supporting documents you send to HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.