ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Article 15 Residence Card?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jackinthebox
Newly Registered
Mood:

Article 15 Residence Card?

Post by jackinthebox » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi,

My partner received an Article 15 residence card in Portugal. He's Brazilian. We've lived in Portugal for the past year. I haven't heard of one of these before. They told us they don't give out Article 10 residence cards. We were hoping for an Article 10, just to make it easier in terms of travelling to the UK (where I'm from). There wouldn't be the necessity of applying for an EEA family permit if we get restless living here or if we want to go to the UK for a holiday.

These are all I could find:

http://bdjur.almedina.net/item.php?fiel ... ue=1051454
http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Citizen ... article_15

Has anybody else heard of a residence card issued under article 15? Or being told that the country you live in doesn't give Article 10 Residence Cards?

jackinthebox
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Article 15 Residence Card?

Post by jackinthebox » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:59 am

P.S. It does say "Family Member Of A Union Citizen" on the front of it.

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:06 am

Hi
I'm in same situation
Are you still in Portugal or in UK
Or if you are in UK
Please guide me what should I do as I booked the tickets already and now I'm reading these articles and they are so complicated to give any real time result
Thanks in advance

mnu2829
Newly Registered

Post by mnu2829 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:56 am

hi i am also same boat, senior member please help me about article 15 37/2006 residence card of a family member of a union citizen issued in portugal is good to travel with my partner to uk ( as my partner is uk citizen ) .

thanks

BritishExpat
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by BritishExpat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:58 pm

mnu2829 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:56 am
hi i am also same boat, senior member please help me about article 15 37/2006 residence card of a family member of a union citizen issued in portugal is good to travel with my partner to uk ( as my partner is uk citizen ) .

thanks
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/intern ... 320068.htm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card

“But how do we know if the Residence Permit Document or Residence card is issued under these Articles 10,20,15” ????

Latest Travel Document News

Family Member Residence Cards - travelling to the United Kingdom
15 August 2018

If you are a non-EEA family member of an EEA* national, you must meet the following conditions to enter the United Kingdom without a visa:

1. please make sure that your residence card has an English text " Permanent Residence Card of a Famliy Member of a Union Citizen" or a "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen",
2. if your residence card is issued by Ireland (Rep.) it must contain a stamp "4EUFam",
3. you must travel with or travel to join the EEA family member.

*EEA- European Economic Area (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom).