ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling with new born baby on spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

16barz
Newly Registered
Ghana

travelling with new born baby on spouse visa

Post by 16barz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:42 pm

hi guy i need an advice on what i need to do. i recently applied for a spouse visa for my wife, everything went very well and it has been granted, my question is during that time my wife was pregnant and will be giving birth any time soon which mean she will have to give birth outside of UK before travelling,

so can some one tell me what i can do in terms of her and the baby travelling together and what sort of documentation she and or the baby will need so that there wont be any problems along the way.

thank you.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: travelling with new born baby on spouse visa

Post by physicskate » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:17 pm

16barz wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:42 pm
hi guy i need an advice on what i need to do. i recently applied for a spouse visa for my wife, everything went very well and it has been granted, my question is during that time my wife was pregnant and will be giving birth any time soon which mean she will have to give birth outside of UK before travelling,

so can some one tell me what i can do in terms of her and the baby travelling together and what sort of documentation she and or the baby will need so that there wont be any problems along the way.

thank you.
Baby will need an appropriate travel document - a British passport, EU passport or other passport with UK visa.

16barz
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by 16barz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm

i forgot to mention that my wife is in Ghana, and i have already applied for her on spouse visa which took along time to get and have paid all the necessary payments. i read somewhere that the baby can be added to mother's visa. dont know how that can be done though

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:05 pm

i read somewhere that the baby can be added to mother's visa. dont know how that can be done though
You cannot add the baby onto the mothers visa. You have to apply for a visa for the child on VAF4A and Appendix 2 and pay the fees and IHS.

Remember that your wife's visa is only valid for 30 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

16barz
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by 16barz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:05 pm
i read somewhere that the baby can be added to mother's visa. dont know how that can be done though
You cannot add the baby onto the mothers visa. You have to apply for a visa for the child on VAF4A and Appendix 2 and pay the fees and IHS.

Remember that your wife's visa is only valid for 30 days.
my wife's visa is valid for 30 for her to reach the UK right? ....but if i was to apply for the baby on the VAF4A that would mean i will have to pay another fee or am i wrong,,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm

my wife's visa is valid for 30 for her to reach the UK right? ....but if i was to apply for the baby on the VAF4A that would mean i will have to pay another fee or am i wrong,,
You pay the visa fee and IHS for the baby.

If your wife cannot travel within the 30 days, she applies for a new 30 day visa, costs about £180.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

16barz
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by 16barz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm

If your wife cannot travel within the 30 days, she applies for a new 30 day visa, costs about £180.
i dont understand where you are getting your figures from because in order to pay the visa fees and the IHS for the baby i would have to complet another online visa4uk form which i paid $‎2,026.00 and the IHS which you mentioned( this costed me $798 dollars) so not sure of what you are saying.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:58 pm

16barz wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:54 pm
CR001 wrote:

i dont understand where you are getting your figures from because in order to pay the visa fees and the IHS for the baby i would have to complet another online visa4uk form which i paid $‎2,026.00 and the IHS which you mentioned( this costed me $798 dollars) so not sure of what you are saying.
You need to apply for a visa for the baby and pay the visa fee and IHS. What figures have I quoted or that you claim not to understand???

You have only paid for and applied for a visa for your spouse.

If you want the baby to come too, you need to apply for a visa or apply for a British passport (assuming you are British) or apply for a Ghana passport and Right of Abode sticker.

You cannot 'tag' the baby onto the mothers visa, it doesn't work like that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 pm

That £180 is to change the vignette sticker date (entry clearance sticker which is valid for 30 days)if your wife gives birth and cannot travel with the baby. Your wife can enter UK alone, then go back to Ghana to be with the baby until the baby gets a visa too and they can both come back together to UK.

Or, you get register the baby as British Citizen / get british passport for baby after birth depending if the child qualifies.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:52 am

It’s likely that baby will be automatically British and therefore cannot be granted a visa.

This thread is an example of relevant information being scattered over different topics and threads, making it difficult to give or get appropriate advice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

16barz
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by 16barz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:05 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:58 pm
16barz wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:54 pm
CR001 wrote:

You need to apply for a visa for the baby and pay the visa fee and IHS. What figures have I quoted or that you claim not to understand???

You have only paid for and applied for a visa for your spouse.

If you want the baby to come too, you need to apply for a visa or apply for a British passport (assuming you are British) or apply for a Ghana passport and Right of Abode sticker.

You cannot 'tag' the baby onto the mothers visa, it doesn't work like that.
Right....thank you for explaining further much appreciated, i understand now.... and yes i am a british citizen so what would you recommend i do ?

Ghana passport will also require a visa for the baby which will also require me to fill in another online form

do you think if i was to contact the immigration department they can somehow add the baby onto the visa with her mother?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:17 am

. do you think if i was to contact the immigration department they can somehow add the baby onto the visa with her mother?
No. The baby needs a passport and their own visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

16barz
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by 16barz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:17 am
. do you think if i was to contact the immigration department they can somehow add the baby onto the visa with her mother?
No. The baby needs a passport and their own visa.
ok thankx....so how much do you think will cost? or will it be the same pricing as for my wife's visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:25 am

Same price as wife's visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.