ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Ceremony 26th November at Killarney

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eu2irishman
Newly Registered

Next Ceremony 26th November at Killarney

Post by eu2irishman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Please note that Citizenship ceremonies which were previously held in the Convention Centre Dublin will from 2018 onwards take place in a new venue:

Killarney Convention Centre (Gleneagle Hotel), Muckross Road, Killarney, Co Kerry. Make road and rail travel plans to get there using the Transport for Ireland website.

The next day of citizenship ceremonies will take place on Monday 26th November 2018 in the Killarney Convention Centre, Killarney, Co. Kerry.

At the ceremony candidates will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish Citizens.

Invitations will issue in due course. Please do not contact us in this regard as we are not in a position to confirm invitation at this stage.
Just updated on the INIS Site. Good Luck to all. Invitations and Approvals should come now. :D :D :D

gorgeous
Ireland

Re: Next Ceremony 26th November at Killarney

Post by gorgeous » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Just hope they keep sending approvals! :(

Kib
Newly Registered

Post by Kib » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Glad I booked flight, hotel and car for that day just on the off chance. €950 sent back today, tracked, registered, 1 day delivery.

Hello001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Hello001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Kib wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:48 pm
Glad I booked flight, hotel and car for that day just on the off chance. €950 sent back today, tracked, registered, 1 day delivery.
Good luck Kib. Looks like well planned, hope you get your invite soon.

Regards.

genuinecomputer2018
Ireland

Post by genuinecomputer2018 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Oops finally the updates their Web site...now we have to pray for that day make sure that time will no storm or Sunami or anyothers CliMax...😁
but i still did not get my Invitation yet...🤣

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am

genuinecomputer2018 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 pm
Oops finally the updates their Web site...now we have to pray for that day make sure that time will no storm or Sunami or anyothers CliMax...😁

Hi genuioncomputer

Congrats for approval , could you share when did u have approval ?

I got mine 21 Sep 2018 , hoping for ceremony invitation soon 🤗🤗

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:37 am

Grace620 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am

Hi genuioncomputer

HI When did you apply ?

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:48 am

Last week they said that I will get update via post next week. No letter yet. So I rang twice today, First Lady told me that my application is in the final process and I should not worry. The second time the lady on other phone line took my phone number and said they will ring me...is it usual to happen like this and had it happened to anyone? What does it mean? Seniors can you help please. My worry is that I am planning to travel for one week from 11/10 to 19/10. Should I book flights and in the mean time if they ask for GNIB could I be able to enter into country without GNIB?

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 am

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:48 am
Last week they said that I will get update via post next week. No letter yet. So I rang twice today, First Lady told me that my application is in the final process and I should not worry. The second time the lady on other phone line took my phone number and said they will ring me...is it usual to happen like this and had it happened to anyone? What does it mean? Seniors can you help please. My worry is that I am planning to travel for one week from 11/10 to 19/10. Should I book flights and in the mean time if they ask for GNIB could I be able to enter into country without GNIB?

Hi office

I was told on the phone that I will hear of them in 2 weeks , my approval arrived next day in post.

I would say keep in eyes on post you will get approval.

I would avoid the traveling, also they says in approval letter that GNIB will no longer for traveling etc.

I read someone comments in other threat can travel with approval letter , it's highlighted that this letter will not allow entering to estate.

Good luck
Regards Grace

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:27 am

srinidhi82 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:37 am
Grace620 wrote:
srinidhi82 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:37 am

HI When did you apply ?
Hi genuioncomputer

HI When did you apply ?
I applied in Sep 2017 stamp4 eu fam

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:20 pm

congrats Grace ... I am still waiting for the approval applied this year in Feb, my wife got hers on 21'st september we applied together based on 5 years of residency.

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm

srinidhi82 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:20 pm
congrats Grace ... I am still waiting for the approval applied this year in Feb, my wife got hers on 21'st september we applied together based on 5 years of residency.
Srinindhi82 , Thanks keep in eyes you will be lucky too

Best of luck
Regards Grace

Hannon
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Hannon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Kib wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:48 pm
😄🙌🏻Have my hotel booked too, hoping to see the invitation letter arrive now!!! 🤗

genuinecomputer2018
Ireland

Post by genuinecomputer2018 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:06 pm

Grace620 wrote:

Hi genuioncomputer

Hi Grace...i applied on april 26th and got approval august 6th within 3 months approval..but i was not included for last ceremonies. Now hopefully will get invite...😂

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:06 pm
Grace620 wrote:

Hi genuioncomputer

Hi Grace...i applied on april 26th and got approval august 6th within 3 months approval..but i was not included for last ceremonies. Now hopefully will get invite...😂

Wao that was very quick 😊 you will be invited see you there 🤔🤔
Keep in touch invitation letter
Regards Grace

genuinecomputer2018
Ireland

Post by genuinecomputer2018 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:14 am

I hope so Grace..i will see you there..😳

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:23 am

Morning guys,

I hope this message finds you well.

I would like to ask you from you experience because it makes me worry when I read your comment guys. I applied for the citizenship on Nov 17 and I got the letter about initial stage where they said my application is in the process now (I believe all my documents were fine as they never asked me to provide them anything). The thing is, I have not heard from them since then, it's going to be a year waiting for them also I have been reading some people received second stage approval thing? I have not got that. Additionally, I read recently that they do not send you second stage approval, only invitation if you application went in the process from first as long as they do not ask you for additional documents then it's in the process until they give you the decision either invitation to cermony or refusal letter thing.

Can you please advise me what to do or I just keep waiting?

Thanks alot

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:36 am

M7edShin wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:23 am
Morning guys,

I would like to ask you from you experience because it makes me worry when I read your comment guys. I applied for the citizenship on Nov 17 and I got the letter about initial stage where they said my application is in the process now (I believe all my documents were fine as they never asked me to provide them anything). The thing is, I have not heard from them since then, it's going to be a year waiting for them also I have been reading some people received second stage approval thing? I have not got that. Additionally, I read recently that they do not send you second stage approval, only invitation if you application went in the process from first as long as they do not ask you for additional documents then it's in the process until they give you the decision either invitation to cermony or refusal letter thing.

Thanks alot
Just more details:

Application type: Naturalisation
Application date: 10 November 2017

The only letter I receive from them since then is that there is a Reference number assigned to my case and letting me know that I should find my passport enclosed as returned to me bla bla. I am not even sure if that is the initial stage or not. However so far they never asked me for a missing document and it's almost a year and received nothing at all.

Thanks

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:37 am

Hi M7edShin,

I’m in the same boat as you. I applied October 2017 and never received a letter referencing 2nd stage. INIS haven’t asked for additional info. Another user posted they shared the same timelines as me, so there are at least 3 of us in the same boat :D there isn’t much you can do bar wait sadly...

Hannon
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Hannon » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:24 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Morning guys,

Thanks alot
Did you try contacting them directly? You must have a reference number on the letter you received: give them a call and ask about your application.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:37 am
Hi M7edShin,

I’m in the same boat as you. I applied October 2017 and never received a letter referencing 2nd stage. INIS haven’t asked for additional info. Another user posted they shared the same timelines as me, so there are at least 3 of us in the same boat :D there isn’t much you can do bar wait sadly...
Thank you so much, now I feel a bit better because I was not sure if something wrong or I have missed anything in the middle. Still this is really bad, how come some people get it before another, I know there are filters and I do believe there are a country filter where some people will be in front of another based on where they come from but still waiting almost a year without any answers back from them, makes you worry..

Thank you anyway, please update me if you get anything, I will do the same.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:15 pm

Hannon wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:24 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Morning guys,

Thanks alot
Did you try contacting them directly? You must have a reference number on the letter you received: give them a call and ask about your application.
Yes, I have got my reference number, I have not contacted them but I have emailed them today and will see what they will tell me. I will update you guys here if they give me a useful answer.

Thanks

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:14 pm
Missstamper wrote:
Hi M7edShin,

Thank you so much, now I feel a bit better because I was not sure if something wrong or I have missed anything in the middle. Still this is really bad, how come some people get it before another, I know there are filters and I do believe there are a country filter where some people will be in front of another based on where they come from but still waiting almost a year without any answers back from them, makes you worry..

I’ve 27 years residence in the country, no burden, not even a parking fine, from a very close by EU country :D and still see people approved before me like you. I think it’s down to physically where your file lands, and who processes it (i.e you might have someone go on a months leave and your all just sits idle during that time)

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:14 pm
Missstamper wrote:
Hi M7edShin,

I’ve 27 years residence in the country, no burden, not even a parking fine, from a very close by EU country :D and still see people approved before me like you. I think it’s down to physically where your file lands, and who processes it (i.e you might have someone go on a months leave and your all just sits idle during that time)
OMG that sound bad, well I've been here since 2012 only, same never had a problem at all. I am from Egypt and I though that EU citizen would be first in the Queue of course after Irish blood & Marriage Applicants but seems it's weirdly managed. But if your assumption is correct based one the person who works on the file, that sound very stupid system to follow to be honest.

I do not know, we will see eventually not sure if I will be on that ceremony or maybe the very first one in 2019 or maybe refusal hahahaha it's hard to tell in Ireland

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:32 pm

M7edShin
My advice to you at this time would be just to wait. Your application hasn't reached the second stage yet and until then there is not much you can do apart from waiting. I know there's a ceremony looming around but there's nothing really you can do to speed things up. in fact if you look over this forum you will see that there're people who have been waiting since 216. Given that you only applied in last November i don't think there's any sign that your application is being delayed yet.