ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 Visa: Arrive one day before annotation

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ricardofg
Newly Registered
Brazil

B1 Visa: Arrive one day before annotation

Post by ricardofg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:12 am

Hello,

I just got my B1 Visa for a conference, I would like to thank you for the information provided here that helped a lot.

The visa has an annotation for the dates of the conference: 30/Oct to 02/Nov.
However, due to flight availability and to avoid missing relevant parts of the conference, I would have to arrive in the US on 29/Oct, would that be a problem?

Thank you in advance

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: B1 Visa: Arrive one day before annotation

Post by max307 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 pm

ricardofg wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:12 am
Hello,

I just got my B1 Visa for a conference, I would like to thank you for the information provided here that helped a lot.

The visa has an annotation for the dates of the conference: 30/Oct to 02/Nov.
However, due to flight availability and to avoid missing relevant parts of the conference, I would have to arrive in the US on 29/Oct, would that be a problem?

Thank you in advance
You can only enter the US after the "Issue Date" and before the "Expiration Date".

What's the "Issue Date" of your B1 visa?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

fielddrive

Re: B1 Visa: Arrive one day before annotation

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Annotation is for the state dept officials to advise the CBP guys why the visa was issued. Your visa dates dictate your permission to present yourself at a US airport for permission to enter.