ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WhatsApp call chat screenshots

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alam-
Mood:

Online Application Form help please

Post by Alam- » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:17 pm

I am applying entry clearance from Pakistan, my wife is britsih national. On the online application form the visa choice is 'Settlement' next option again 'Settlement' and third option has Wife, Husband, Parent, etc. What option should I pick, Husband (me) or Wife (Sponser)?
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Application Form help please

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:21 pm

It is 'settlement'; 'settlement', 'husband', you are the applicant, not your wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:21 pm
It is 'settlement'; 'settlement', 'husband', you are the applicant, not your wife.
Thanks for the help.
Another question in the form is sponsor details, I have filled up my wife's details, is it corrent? I have filled her details in spouse section as well.
In VAF4A form, whose statement would be at the end of the form, applicant's or sponsor's?
I have been treated twice in UK and there is a place for only one treatement in the form, I filled up the most recent one, will explain all that in my statement?
Thanks again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:06 pm

The sponsor is your wife. The applicant is you.

You can add additional information, anything else at the end of the application
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:06 pm
The sponsor is your wife. The applicant is you.

You can add additional information, anything else at the end of the application
Thanks for you help.
My wife meets financial maintenance under category A which says fill up 3A section, should I just fill this up and be done with it or do I still have to say 'No' to every section after that as none of the categories are relavent to my wife (no jobs abroad, no saving, no disability, etc.)?
I think I still have to include those pages with the application form even though they are blank, except the guidence pages?
Thanks again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Just select no if it doesn't apply to you.

I do not know what you mean by guidance part. You print out the whole completed online application and submit it with your other support documents

Alam-
Mood:

TB test exemption or not?

Post by Alam- » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 am

I lived in UK from October 2014 till 29 September 2018, moved back to apply entry clearance spouse visa. I went for TB test but was referred to sputum test since I have mild scars on my lungs from the TB I had in 2005. I just saw on UKBA website that TB test is exempted if,
‘youre A returning uk resident and have not been away for more than 2 years’
Does that apply to me or is it for someone who already has visa and coming back?
And anyone knows the process of sputum test in Lahore, Pakistan, how long will it take and how the process goes? I gave my samples on 3, 4, 5 of Oct.
I had everything ready to apply straight away but now have to wait for this sputum test results.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: TB test exemption or not?

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 am

You are not classed as a returning resident so will need TB cert again for Entry Clearance.

TB results are usually given within a week and if it is sent to laboratory it can take up to 8 weeks in Lahore IOM, so check with them to see how much longer.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 am
You are not classed as a returning resident so will need TB cert again for Entry Clearance.

TB results are usually given within a week and if it is sent to laboratory it can take up to 8 weeks in Lahore IOM, so check with them to see how much longer.
Yes, I thought so cause I consulted few solicitors in London and none mentioned that I could be exempted, I didn’t specifically asked anyway.
If all good, it is given same day but if referred to sputum test, it says it takes 8-10 weeks but nothing for sure about the process and when will they contact me? They actually explained me everything when they gave me paperwork but I was so heartbroken, I didn’t pay attention to any of the details. I had my application ready to submit the same week and my wife had 8 weeks miscarriage 5 days later because of more than 2 months of delay in our application, she was already stressed because I had to leave to apply entry clearance. This sucks.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:31 am

The best person to tell you how long is IOM in Pakistan - call them and find out.

Do not be disheartened about not submitting application at that time and wait until you have the TB certificate. It is better to get all documents and submit rather than rushing and missing things out.

May Allah make it easy for you and your wife, Ameen.

Alam-
Mood:

online form help please

Post by Alam- » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:59 am

1- My FLR FP visa was refused in March 2018 and I choose to leave voluntarily, left in September to apply settlement visa from outside, I am from Pakistan. There is a question in online form if I was ever deported or required to leave from UK, would my departure comes under category of 'required to leave', it seems like it does, I am looking for a second opinion.

2- My mum died in 1992 (I was 4 years) and there is no document (ID card, marriage certificate, birth certificate) to know her date of birth which is required in the form. I have her death certificate which was issued in 2005 with 35 age when she died (they just wrote it down without any document to support) but again no date of birth anywhere. What should I write there?
Thanks for your help in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: online form help please

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Alam- wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:59 am
1- My FLR FP visa was refused in March 2018 and I choose to leave voluntarily, left in September to apply settlement visa from outside, I am from Pakistan. There is a question in online form if I was ever deported or required to leave from UK, would my departure comes under category of 'required to leave', it seems like it does, I am looking for a second opinion.

2- My mum died in 1992 (I was 4 years) and there is no document (ID card, marriage certificate, birth certificate) to know her date of birth which is required in the form. I have her death certificate which was issued in 2005 with 35 age when she died (they just wrote it down without any document to support) but again no date of birth anywhere. What should I write there?
Thanks for your help in advance.

1. I think yes.
2. say not known and then explain it in additional info section of form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alam-
Mood:

Application statement / cover letter / other details

Post by Alam- » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:51 am

I am planning to apply in 1st week of Dec from Pakistan, my TB test sputum results is due on 5th of Dec, hopefully I get my certification soon after.
I have had 3 rejections within country, first tier 2 2016(sponsorship withdrawn), *two months overstayer*, then FLR FP 2017(not married and not 2 years relationship) and then FLR M 2018(overstayer). As you can see I have a lot to explain in my entry clearance application. I am not going to solicitor since suffered a lot in recent past thus relying on this forum which was a great help thus far.
Should I write a statement like a brief story of how things happened since I met my wife (then girlfriend) and the rejections and reasons behind those rejections? Or should I just explain everything under different headings like OVERSTAYER, REJECTIONS, RELATIONSHIP, EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, ETC. Or should I do both, a brief story and explain far serious matters separately as well under headings?
And should this statement go in online application form, appendix 2 form or separatly?
Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks again in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Application statement / cover letter / other details

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:21 pm

I'd write a support / introduction letter highlighting everything, past and present. You can put it under whatever headings you like as long as the content is there.

Make sure whatever material information you provide are factual and are relevant.

Alam-
Mood:

Bank statements issued after online application submitted

Post by Alam- » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:45 pm

I finally received my TB test certification today after sputum test.
Last paycheque is 16th of November. I need bank statement from 1st of June to 30th of November. I have ordered bank statement yesterday which means they will be issued by Friday or maybe Monday next week. I wanted to submit online application ASAP so I can send documents to my wife to UK and start the process. I wanted to confirm if the bank statement issue date is over the online application date, would I be in any trouble? I can however explain this matter in statement to clear things for ECO to explain this is the earliest I could order bank statements and bank statements are old, just issued after submition date.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bank statements issued after online application submitted

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am

Alam- wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:45 pm
Last paycheque is 16th of November. I need bank statement from 1st of June to 30th of November. I have ordered bank statement yesterday which means they will be issued by Friday or maybe Monday next week. I wanted to submit online application ASAP so I can send documents to my wife to UK and start the process. I wanted to confirm if the bank statement issue date is over the online application date, would I be in any trouble? I can however explain this matter in statement to clear things for ECO to explain this is the earliest I could order bank statements and bank statements are old, just issued after submition date.
Bank statement must not be older than 28 days from the date of online application and preferably shouldn't be dated after the application. Mostly the frequency of bank statements doesn't match with the date of application and that's why it is more wise to go to branch for getting the latest bank statement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am
Alam- wrote:
Bank statement must not be older than 28 days from the date of online application and preferably shouldn't be dated after the application. Mostly the frequency of bank statements doesn't match with the date of application and that's why it is more wise to go to branch for getting the latest bank statement.
My wife could go today and get statements printed and stamped but I was thinking it’s better to get the originals from head office just for peace of mind. I’m gonna wait till wife receives bank statements and then submit application. Everything else is ready and within 28 days, my 28 days deadline is 14 of December so as long as I submit application before that I’m good.
Do I need to send photocopies of originals. Do I still get my originals even if I don’t send photocopies?
And any reliable courier service to send my documents to London from Lahore, Pakistan?
Thanks for all the help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Alam- wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am
Alam- wrote:
My wife could go today and get statements printed and stamped but I was thinking it’s better to get the originals from head office just for peace of mind. I’m gonna wait till wife receives bank statements and then submit application. Everything else is ready and within 28 days, my 28 days deadline is 14 of December so as long as I submit application before that I’m good.
Do I need to send photocopies of originals. Do I still get my originals even if I don’t send photocopies?
And any reliable courier service to send my documents to London from Lahore, Pakistan?
Thanks for all the help.
Well choice is yours regarding bank statements. Don't send photocopies which is a waste of money and you will get back your original without photocopy. There are a lot couriers which work worldwide but for sending to UKVI Sheffield dont use any courier but only royal mail special delivery service

Alam-
Mood:

WhatsApp call chat screenshots

Post by Alam- » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:50 pm

I have saved my wife’s name in my idiot-phone, do I have to remove her name so her number is visible in screenshots or her name is fine?
Thank for your help in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: WhatsApp call chat screenshots

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:55 am

Either is fine. Or you can screenshot contact list which shows the name and number together

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 am

Either way with a good profile picture showing as couple seems better.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 am
I’ll do that, thank you.
Do I need to write name and date of birth at the back of passport pictures?
And would vfs global will take both my passports or do I have to send the older one to uk with other supporting documents?
Thanks for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:11 am

Alam- wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:09 pm
seagul wrote:
I’ll do that, thank you.
And would vfs global will take both my passports or do I have to send the older one to uk with other supporting documents?
Thanks for your help.
You should write name & dob in capital letter on the back of photographs. And regarding passport the applicant should bring both (old & new) at the VFS centre to deposit with them. They may give back expired one but on application forms you should definitely give details of all expired & unexpired passports. To Sheffield you can just send copies with other supporting documents.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:20 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:11 am
Alam- wrote:
seagul wrote:
I’ll do that, thank you.
Thanks for your help.
You should write name & dob in capital letter on the back of photographs. And regarding passport the applicant should bring both (old & new) at the VFS centre to deposit with them. They may give back expired one but on application forms you should definitely give details of all expired & unexpired passports. To Sheffield you can just send copies with other supporting documents.
It’s all done, thank you.
I have few wedding cards and other small greeting cards to send, should I copy them on A4 sheet or just send them like that? I have paid for a priority service, do I need to mention it on the file folder or on the envelope and printed form as well? Any other suggestion?
I’m sending documents tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks for all the help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Alam- wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:20 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:11 am
Alam- wrote:
seagul wrote:
I’ll do that, thank you.
Thanks for your help.
It’s all done, thank you.
I have few wedding cards and other small greeting cards to send, should I copy them on A4 sheet or just send them like that? I have paid for a priority service, do I need to mention it on the file folder or on the envelope and printed form as well? Any other suggestion?
I’m sending documents tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks for all the help.
All types of cards just send them as original in the envelope along with other subsisting relationship documents.