ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview Today.. (got it btw)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anonym
Newly Registered

ILR Interview Today.. (got it btw)

Post by anonym » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:38 pm

Guys,
Thanks for all the help, as it made me prepare my application very thoroughly. Went for the interview this morning and was out with ILR stamp in my passport within 2 hours. Things were pretty simple and straightforward.

Application background:
Applied as a WP holder worked in this country for 4 years.
Changed 3 companies during this period, joined the current one within the last year.
Included my wife's passport as well.

Supplied Documents:
1) Letter from Employer
2) last 4 months wage slips
3) last 4 months bank statements
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Current original workpermit
& the passport(s).

The case worker checked all the documents and within 10 minutes of me entering the building, i was out (including paying fees, seeing the case worker).

I had a few other Documents in my bag (incase) which they didnt ask for at all:
1) Photocopies of my previous workpermit(s)
2) tenancy agreement
3) current job's contract
4) previous 2 companies' employment contract(s)
5) Bank statements dating a few months..

I think most of the information in this forum made me go to the interview, armed with all documents and with confidence. And i think that made a big difference. Thanks Guys..

anonym

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:18 pm

Hi Anon,

Congrats first of all. A quick question about the marriage certificate. Did you have to get yours translated from somewhere? I don't know how/where to get this changed to a document that HO recognises. Did you have to get it changed?

Thanks

anonym
Newly Registered

Post by anonym » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:36 am

Hi sywahu,
Thanks. My marriage certificate was in english. so i didnt have those kind of issues. Having said that, the caseworker didnt bother looking at my marriage certificate either. She was looking at her WP dependant visa and that was it.