ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion in online question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monza

Confusion in online question

Post by monza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi I have following question in relation to English requirement;

Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.

I have shown NARIC statement for qualification comparability of degree equivalent to UK and NARIC B1 English level statement with Indian degree certificate at the time of ILR application.

Should i tick Yes OR No??

When i tick Yes; at the end of application there is no any English language document request in checklist to tick?

thanks for reading

monza

Re: Confusion in online question

Post by monza » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:03 am

monza wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 pm
Hi I have following question in relation to English requirement;

Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.

I have shown NARIC statement for qualification comparability of degree equivalent to UK and NARIC B1 English level statement with Indian degree certificate at the time of ILR application in 2017.

Should i tick Yes OR No??

When i tick Yes; at the end of application there is no any English language document request in checklist to tick?

thanks for reading

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:22 am

I had B1 certificate when I got my ILR accepted. I used the same qualification for the Naturalisation online application. I didn't get that listed under my checklist but me and my NDRS registrar both agreed to send it anyway.
i understand that this is an answer to half of your query, hopefully someone else will answer to the other half.

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:45 am

Even if there is no english document request, its my advise to submit that.

epi

Post by epi » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:05 am

If the degree was taught in English, then NARIC should be ok. You must submit a recognised proof of English language knowledge at required level despite it is not listed on the check list.

monza

Post by monza » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks all it make sense to add all the docs

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:54 pm

I had similar issue. At the end of application the checklist did not show Master certificate in the list but I submitted my Degree certificate just in case. No harm in submitting.

monza

Post by monza » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 pm

trilobite1981 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:22 am
I had B1 certificate when I got my ILR accepted. I used the same qualification for the Naturalisation online application. I didn't get that listed under my checklist but me and my NDRS registrar both agreed to send it anyway.
i understand that this is an answer to half of your query, hopefully someone else will answer to the other half.
So have answered as Yes to following ?