ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Spouse OCI card at same time

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jfrusc

Applying for Spouse OCI card at same time

Post by jfrusc » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm eligible for OCI through my parents who were both born in India and still hold Indian passports. I understand this also makes my children and wife (married for 5 years) eligible through my Indian Origin. My wife is of European origin so would not qualify for OCI in her own right.

Having looked at the application form it appears there is no family application. Instead all four of us complete the forms, but the applications are bundled together by vfs. So what is not clear is do I need to attain my OCI card first and then submit her application? Or can I submit her application at the same time?

I have time pressure as we are booked for a holiday end of Jan during which we will spend a week in India. Given the current cost of a Visa, it makes financial sense to just get the OCI cards if possible. But looking at the timelines, if I have to do my application first, then submit hers, its cutting it very fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Additional info that may be pertinent:

Residence: UK
My nationality: UK with British Passport
Wifes Nationality: Slovak with Slovak Passport
Kids: Born in UK, have both UK and Slovak Passports, we'd use the UK passport for the OCI application.
Documentation: I have access to my parents passports, our family home address in India, addresses of family still living in India and of course our own Birth Certs and Passports.

jfrusc

Re: Applying for Spouse OCI card at same time

Post by jfrusc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:20 pm

For the benefit of anyone else with same question:

Finally got through to VFSGlobal today. Was informed spouse cant apply until I receive my own OCI card first. The kids can apply at the same time as they can use Grandparents for eligibility instead of me.