ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstay and entry ban in eu

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abram2017
Newly Registered

overstay and entry ban in eu

Post by abram2017 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Dear all,
I have recently left portugal. on the airport, The immigration officer told me that i am banned to enter whole europe for next ten years cause of over staying (no written notice was given though).
Now i got study offer from sweden. very soon i have to apply for visa.
I am little confused what to do. i really want to take this study offer. should i contact local embassy to make sure about the ban ? if yes, what is the possibility of lifting the ban..

mgb

Re: overstay and entry ban in eu

Post by mgb » Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 pm

A 10 year ban is not possible. Maximum is 5 years and the ban can be renewed after 5 years in special cases.

First you should know if there is a SIS database entry about you.
Every schengen country offer a authority for SIS information requests about yourself.
A SIS information request could be done for instance via the swedish police.
https://polisen.se/en/Languages/Service ... ystem-SIS/

abram2017
Newly Registered

Post by abram2017 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:49 am

thanks. i'll do that as soon as possible

abram2017
Newly Registered

Post by abram2017 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm

mgb wrote:A 10 year ban is not possible. Maximum is 5 years and the ban can be renewed after 5 years in special cases.

Every schengen country offer a authority for SIS information requests about yourself.
I have received SIS report from the Swedish police yesterday. It shows "no record" on my name.
So was the airport incident just a false warning ? or i might still be banned but only in portugal??

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 am

Schengen countires have common Database SiS. If your name is not in that list it means you are not banned.

hbrooke12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by hbrooke12 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 am

abram2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm
mgb wrote:A 10 year ban is not possible. Maximum is 5 years and the ban can be renewed after 5 years in special cases.

I have received SIS report from the Swedish police yesterday. It shows "no record" on my name.
So was the airport incident just a false warning ? or i might still be banned but only in portugal??
Hello OP/All,

I am in a similar situation, "banned" for one year from the EU leaving the Barcelona airport. I will be writing a letter to one of the Schengen countries this week to request access to my file in the database. Did you send yours via email or by mail? And what exactly did it entail, besides the letter and a copy of the passport? I appreciate any help, as the SIS II guideline is quite vague. I need to make it back for a friend's wedding in July! Thanks in advance!

Antiki
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Antiki » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:57 am

Can I make a request to the swedish police too, even if I never been there and Im not going there....?
And can this request be sent via email to them?