ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Video / telephone interview for both spouses

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Standards of processing times

Post by Gujarkhan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:04 am

It has become evident that's processing times no longer have any customer standards so ukvi can take as long as they like. Could anyone else comment on their processing times if it has gone beyond 6 months as to why it has taken that long? What checks are being done or what information are they waiting for?

Could we be possibly rejected after waiting for this long as that would be such a long time lost. My bios were given on 20/03/18. I even received a final stages email and then a not straight forward.

Fast forward to September and I am still receiving generic replies from Sheffield saying a decision will be made as soon as possible. Any one else given biometrics same time as me and still waiting?

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Re: Standards of processing times

Post by Kwipeh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:37 am

Processing times aren't usually an indicator of whether the visas will be granted or not. So, yes, you could possibly be rejected after a long wait. It's got nothing to do with that.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Standards of processing times

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Processing times are different for everyone. Have a look at the timeline posts to get an idea.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Change of circumstances / waiting time

Post by Gujarkhan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:08 pm

It has been 7 months of waiting for a decision with none in sight in the immediate future as it seems. Does anyone have any idea what amount the home office can take for the max time. Sureley they have some moral and principals when dealing with people's futures??

My main concern now is that I have moved house as well as job. At this late stage they won't be phoning previous employer for sure and I didn't want to cause any further delay to my application is it necessary to inform them of changes this late into the application which a decision may be days/ weeks away as I just don't want to go through an even further delay.

I earn more than the required amount and accommodation is more than sufficient please advise members. If I do need to inform them then what way shall I go about this. Thanks for all your advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Change of circumstances / waiting time

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:54 am

You can email them about change of address. Applications from Pakistani are taking around 9 months to get a decision recently.

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Maximum processing time allowed by Home Office

Post by Gujarkhan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Another week gone in hope of reply but nothing.

8 months nearly since submitting biometrics (20.03.18) in islamabad but no sign of a decision. Is there any legal obligation on the home office to give a reply with a certain amount of time. Surely they cannot be allowed to mess with peoples lives like this.

Does anyone know what is the longest time they have ever taken for a spouse visa decision. They dont seem to be accurately updating visa processing times either. Receieve not straight forward reply at 60 days suprisingly 2 days after receiving. a final stages of processing email.

Sheffield office have sent messaged each time witg a different excuse about why its taking long. Which has ranged from application delay, long queues, background checks to again your application is in a queue.

Contacted MP who has been read out the generic replies too.

Sorry for the rant on the weekend but it is so frustrating.

secret.simon

Re: Maximum processing time allowed by Home Office

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:26 pm

You may want to go through the Spouse Timelines for Pakistani spouses below to get an idea of how long it has taken for others in your situation. Please do not post any questions or comments in that thread, but keep them here.

Spouse Visa Applications - PAKISTAN TIMELINES ONLY

Have either of the spouses been married before? If yes, was the marriage dissolved before their subsequent marriage?

For you, the application is your future. For the caseworker, who has a pile of files on their desk that s/he has to go through, it is another file to go through and cross-references and check.
Yes Minister (S01E02) - The Official Visit wrote:Well, "under consideration" means "we've lost the file"; "under active consideration" means "we're trying to find it".
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Video / telephone interview for both spouses

Post by Gujarkhan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 pm

After a very long wait we have been asked to be interviewed together. My husband in islamabad me in the uk over phone.

Any experiences in this situation would be greatly welcomed and appreciated. We are in a fully committed relationship and have no problem answering any personal questions. Just have never been put into this sitauation.

He has previously overstayed and voluntarily left the country which may be reason for call.

Any advice is welcomed. Thank you members.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Video / telephone interview for both spouses

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 pm

One advise - know your application inside out so you may want to print it out and check dates etc InshaAllah

Alam-
Mood:

Re: Video / telephone interview for both spouses

Post by Alam- » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:07 am

Gujarkhan wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 pm
After a very long wait we have been asked to be interviewed together. My husband in islamabad me in the uk over phone.

Any experiences in this situation would be greatly welcomed and appreciated. We are in a fully committed relationship and have no problem answering any personal questions. Just have never been put into this sitauation.

He has previously overstayed and voluntarily left the country which may be reason for call.

Any advice is welcomed. Thank you members.
It was the overstayer bit was taking long. How long he overstayer? Is there any aggravated circumstances with his overstayer? Did you get married after the overstayer? Any applications to remain after overstayer?
Just be genuine and answer questions honestly.
Keep us posted. Good luck.