ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Walkin or Premium service for OCI (UK)?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jfrusc

Walkin or Premium service for OCI (UK)?

Post by jfrusc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:46 pm

As per the title is there a premium service or walk in service for handing in your OCI application?

I've just completed our forms online and found there are no appointments until end of October for both London Centres. We're due to travel end of Jan, so risk having to pay for four eVisas :(

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Re: Walkin or Premium service for OCI (UK)?

Post by kamalmin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:24 pm

I am not sure about premium service for oci but walk-in service is available in london Goswell office.

I was the same situation when I emailed to Info.Ociuk@vfshelpline.com got this reply, try to be London Goswell office around 8:30 AM and you need to pay 29 pounds for courier.

There is also a walk in service available at Goswell centre. You can visit the application centre with all the documents (without appointment) for submission before 3 p.m. However, the delivery envelopes will have to be purchased from the centre and you cannot use Royal Mail envelopes, all the documents will be posted back to you through DX courier service available at the centre.

jfrusc

Post by jfrusc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:32 am

Thank you so much for the reply.

That’s a huge help and relief. I was worried I’d have to throw hundreds of pounds away on 4 evisas.

jfrusc

Post by jfrusc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:02 am

If you don't mind I have one more question that you may or may not be able to help with.

I've completed my Part A & B and downloaded the completed form. In the attached help section I see the following advice:

"In case the birth certificate is issued by a foreign authority, it is to be Apostled or endorsed by the
concerned Indian Mission abroad"

Does this mean VFSGlobal will Apostle the birth certificates?

My Children's UK Birth Certificates have been Apostled already. But my own and my Wifes have not. My Wifes is also not in English.

Its been a few years since I've been to India and I hadn't realised the Visa Fee's had risen so high. Being stupid I booked the flights/etc for January and only now realised i'd be throwing my money away getting a Visa, but getting OCI cards will be tight :(

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Post by kamalmin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:40 am

Please follow this blog third party weblink removed by moderator

hemant_lakhani

Post by hemant_lakhani » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:38 pm

I also had same questions so I spoke to vfs global on phone, who confirmed,
UK Born child's UK birth certificate need not be apostles or endorsed.
Also, parents birth certificate is not required if applying on basis of parents India origin, birth certificates are required when applying on basis of GRAND parents India origin.