ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS or NDRS - Urgent -Baby on the way

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sukujobo
Newly Registered

NCS or NDRS - Urgent -Baby on the way

Post by Sukujobo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:57 am

Hello,

I’m in a precarious situation. I have a baby on the way and I need to sort my naturalisation and British passport soon and hence the below question. Will truly appreciate any quick response to my post.

Question: I’m applying for naturalisation based on 5 years on Tier2 + 1 year on ILR. I have an appointment booked for NCS on the 8th Oct 2018 and hoping that it will go through without any problems. However, I need to be traveling by 10th of Dec 2018 (in next 10 weeks) to be around for the delivery. So, the question is what’s the best and quickest way to get naturalisation and the passport within this timeline?

a. Go through NCS and apply for the passport after I get the Naturalisation documents?
b. Go through NCS but apply for the passport in advance, on the same day NCS application is made so the two can run in parallel?
c. Apply Online asap and do a combined NDRS+JCAP?
d. Are there any other alternatives or options that’s available to me?
:?
Any suggestion and advise will help ease my worries. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS or NDRS - Urgent -Baby on the way

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:02 am

There is no "quick" route. You are only British once you attend your ceremony and only get your passport after that if you apply jointly through NDRS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:06 am

Sukujobo wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:57 am
Hello,

I’m in a precarious situation. I have a baby on the way and I need to sort my naturalisation and British passport soon and hence the below question. Will truly appreciate any quick response to my post.

Question: I’m applying for naturalisation based on 5 years on Tier2 + 1 year on ILR. I have an appointment booked for NCS on the 8th Oct 2018 and hoping that it will go through without any problems. However, I need to be traveling by 10th of Dec 2018 (in next 10 weeks) to be around for the delivery. So, the question is what’s the best and quickest way to get naturalisation and the passport within this timeline?

a. Go through NCS and apply for the passport after I get the Naturalisation documents?
b. Go through NCS but apply for the passport in advance, on the same day NCS application is made so the two can run in parallel?
c. Apply Online asap and do a combined NDRS+JCAP?
d. Are there any other alternatives or options that’s available to me?
:?
Any suggestion and advise will help ease my worries. Thanks in advance.
I think the problem is you don't know when will your application be decided... if you use NDRS+JCAP, you can travel however if your application approved you need to book the ceremony within 21 days and attend within 3 months. Who knows when the application is decided and they only notice you by post.

The HO may give discretion and you can attend later if you cannot attend ceremony due to health reason. However, planned delivery outside the country may NOT be one of them, because this is more your choice than something out of your control.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 pm

But if she has ILR, does it not make any child she has British?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:37 pm

IJOS wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 pm
But if she has ILR, does it not make any child she has British?
The OP is not the pregnant Person as they clearly state leaving the UK to be present for the birth overseas.

Besides, A child born overseas to a person holding ILR has no entitlement to register as British and is not British by birth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.