ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Wife's ILR eligibility

Post by Alex218 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for all your help with my own ILR application, I finally have received the ILR via T2 G.

My query is now re my wife's eligibility for ILR. She came to the UK as Tier 2G dependent in November 2014 , her Tier 2G dependent visa was stamped on her passport on October 2014.

However, here is the twist - when we applied for her Tier 2G dependent visa from outside of the UK back in April 2014 it was initially refused on stupid grounds, which we appealed against, it went to lower tribunal which then overturned the original decision in our favour and therefore her Tier 2G dependent visa was granted in October 2014.

My question is fairly simple: which date we should use to start her 5 year countdown for ILR?
a) is it from the original visa decision date i.e. April 2014? despite of the fact that it was refused?
b) from the date she got the visa stamped i.e. Oct 2014?
c) or when she entered the country for the first time i.e Nov 2014?

would be grateful for any guidance / insights you can share.

vinny

Re: Wife's ILR eligibility

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:43 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Tier 2 dependent extension

Post by Alex218 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi all,

I need to apply for my wife's Tier 2 extension (i have recently received my ILR via 5 year Tier 2G route). She has been in the UK on Tier 2G dependent / partner visa from day 1 and will be eligible for ILR in 6 months time but her current Tier 2G leave to remain expires before that so hence the extension.

While exploring the online application form, i have the following question, would be grateful for your help:

1) who will be the main applicant on this application - presumably my wife (as she is the only one applying for visa extension)?

2) if 1 is correct, then how do i show that she is my dependent (or was given Tier 2G dependent visa)? If i am reading the online application form correctly, it only gives the option to select Tier 2 General visa category (ie there is no mention of partner / dependent anywhere when selecting what visa i am applying for).

3) Also, when i select her on Tier 2G visa, it asks for sponsor's license number, which was on the CoS issued to me previously. how is that relevant for her application now? even if its relevant, my Tier 2G sponsor is not my current employer so have nothing to do with my wife's visa application. how do i address that?

4) for maintenance requirements, do we need to show the funds in an account with her name or a joint account / my account will suffice?

would greatly appreciate your inputs.

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Re: Tier 2 dependent extension

Post by Alex218 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:53 pm

actually apologies, please ignore the above i was looking into the wrong place. not sure how to delete this post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:56 pm

1. Your wife is the main applicant on the Tier 2 Dependent form.

2. She applies on the PBS Dependent Partner form https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

3. Progress through the above link and then ask questions.

4. Either account, £630 for 90 days minimum, without any dipping below this level.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Alex218 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:53 pm
actually apologies, please ignore the above i was looking into the wrong place. not sure how to delete this post.
Posts are not deleted.

Post Deletion (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Alex218 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Thank you both for your help, the link above is fairly straightforward. thanks again, much appreciated.

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Alex218 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:56 pm
1. Your wife is the main applicant on the Tier 2 Dependent form.

2. She applies on the PBS Dependent Partner form https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

3. Progress through the above link and then ask questions.

4. Either account, £630 for 90 days minimum, without any dipping below this level.
Thank you CR001 once again, i am now applying using the form above and have come across a section where it asks for sponsor license number. it doesnt seem right to me as firstly i am on ILR so even back in time when my employer sponsored me and my wife for Tier 2 G the sponsor license number was mentioned for me (and therefore was written on my BRP and not on my wife's BRP).

any advise as to what should i put in there? thank you!

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Alex218 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 am

and just to add, if i do provide license details for my Tier 2 employer the form then asks about length for certificate of sponsorship.. am i using the wrong form? i m using the link below:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner