ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI apply from India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

middletier 1

OCI apply from India

Post by middletier 1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi,

I would like to know did anyone applied for OCI from India and if so please let me know what documents required and how long it take to get the OCI

Thanks

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Re: OCI apply from India

Post by kamalmin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 pm

you need minimum 3 month visa validity at the time of your oci application in india frro office , also they ask form C for your address confirmation and around 11 documents, if you can able to wait for 30 days then its really good to apply oci from uk itself. follow this link for uk oci step by step application process.

Third party webslink removed by moderator.

anirban_paul

Post by anirban_paul » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi,

I am also thinking to apply for OCI while I am in India. According to the below discussion from another thread, it is easier to apply from India FRRO (if you visit a city) and should not take more than the time it currently takes from UK (i.e about 1 month). However, I am not sure about the 3 month visa requirement rule (form C and other documents are fine). Moreover, eVisa gives only 2 months visa - is there a different way of getting 3 months or more visa?

other-countries/travelling-to-india-t256989.html

Thanks

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Post by kamalmin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 pm

I thought the same and went to India on e-visa , when I visit frro office the process of getting oci they explained step as follows

1) you need to convert your e visa to normal visa (form c required) - valid till your e visa validity 60 days
2) you need to extend your converted normal visa period.
3) Apply OCI on a normal visa.

if you can't wait for a month in the UK then get a normal visa and go apply OCI in India.

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Post by kamalmin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:13 pm

See the attached image for oci requirement, I got this from chennai frro office also you need self-declaration on 100 rupees bond paper.

Attachments
oci.jpeg
oci.jpeg (69.38 KiB) Viewed 926 times

anirban_paul

Post by anirban_paul » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:13 pm

kamalmin wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 pm
I thought the same and went to India on e-visa , when I visit frro office the process of getting oci they explained step as follows

1) you need to convert your e visa to normal visa (form c required) - valid till your e visa validity 60 days
2) you need to extend your converted normal visa period.
3) Apply OCI on a normal visa.

if you can't wait for a month in the UK then get a normal visa and go apply OCI in India.

This is really helpful, thanks. Looks like applying from India is not that straight forward. In case you know:

1. What is the cost for converting eVisa to normal visa in India?
2. What is the cost for extending a converted visa?
3. Can I get a normal visa from UK VFS instead of eVisa?

Thanks

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Post by kamalmin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:47 am

Normal visa you can apply in vfs , visa fee and procedure please refer this site https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi,

Can we apply for normal visiting visa in India while visiting India on your grace period with Indian passport and then surrender Indian passport and get India visa then apply for OCI in India itself.

Thanks