ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate Attestation Spain Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fez86
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate Attestation Spain Visa

Post by fez86 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:34 am

Hi! I hope someone can help with my query. I plan to visit Spain with my wife and daughter for a one week holiday in October. My daughter and I are British citizens. My wife has a Pakistani passport. I am helping her prepare her application for a Schengen Visa.

Is our marriage certificate in English stamped by the local registrar in Pakistan enough or does the marriage certificate have to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan? We would then have to send the document over to Pakistan for attestation and that would take a while. Has anyone applied for a Spanish tourist visa without nikah attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Many thanks for your help in advance.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Marriage Certificate Attestation Spain Visa

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 am

It should be enough but with Spain you never know. But don't let this discourage you or make you feel bad. It really should be enough since your wife is in the UK as your spouse already and that is another proof of marriage. Apply under the EU directive:

https://uk.blsspainvisa.com/london/eea_eu_type_visa.php
fez86 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:34 am
Hi! I hope someone can help with my query. I plan to visit Spain with my wife and daughter for a one week holiday in October. My daughter and I are British citizens. My wife has a Pakistani passport. I am helping her prepare her application for a Schengen Visa.

Is our marriage certificate in English stamped by the local registrar in Pakistan enough or does the marriage certificate have to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan? We would then have to send the document over to Pakistan for attestation and that would take a while. Has anyone applied for a Spanish tourist visa without nikah attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Many thanks for your help in advance.

fez86
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Certificate Attestation Spain Visa

Post by fez86 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Thank you very much Caravel88. I decided to get the marriage certificate attested from Pakistan and because of the long process, we delayed applying for my wife’s visa. We now have all the documents ready and my wife will submit them to the processing centre on Wednesday. I can only hope we get the visa in time for our trip on the 24th. Do you have an idea how long it usually takes? Many thanks.