ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kev920
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Kev920 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Just so everyone is aware of current passport processing times.

Received FBR in mid June
Submitted Passport application on June 25th through New York Consulate
Still waiting for passport to be issued - 14 weeks and counting
Apparently there are long lead times in Dublin from the summer
jpfitzy7 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 pm
Just received my FBR certificate yesterday and figured I'd update with my timeline.

Completed my online application April 5, 2018
Fed Ex documents to Dublin and received confirmation received email April 12, 2018
I sent an email to check status June 28, 2018 and was informed sent for final approval on June 5, 2018 and could take 10-12 weeks
Received an email September 3, 2018 that said was approved.
Received my FBR certificate September 17, 2018. Letter was dated September 11, 2018.

Now to begin the process of my passport. I had emailed the Consulate in Boston last month and got the application so I have it already to file.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Kev920 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Apparently there are long lead times in Dublin from the summer
Some of the processing time involves the consulate, prior to it being shipped to Dublin. When I received my passport application from the San Francisco consulate, there was an insert that said that new passport applications were taking 12-16 weeks (I assume that is total turnaround time). According to DFA:

"The initial assessment of your application is performed by the Embassy/Consulate. Once entitlement is established your application will be sent to HQ for processing and only then is it recorded on our tracking system. Until it appears on the tracking system any requests for an update should be made via the Embassy/Consulate with which you submitted your application".

I sent my application to the consulate almost six weeks ago. It does not appear in the online tracker. So I assume it has not been sent to Dublin yet. I would hope that your application has reached Dublin by now. Can you see your status in the online tracking system?

Kev920
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Kev920 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:06 am

Yes it showed up in the tracking system about six weeks after sending it to the consulate. So it has been in the tracking system for eight weeks so far. The tracking system indicated that based on typical processing times my passport would issue by September 19th, which has come and gone. Hopefully it will issue in the coming few weeks. I just wanted to let everyone know that passport processing times seem to taking quite a bit longer than the 6-8 weeks that was on the website when I applied.

Aizaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Aizaz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:28 am

Fanikhan15 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14 pm
bluemoon2 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:21 pm
@ Mak2386 , did you get letter explaining you what was the main reason / missing document for rejection ?
Any update for your application Bluemoon?
Hi Fani how long u been applied for ,, as bluemoon application delayed I am disappointed but any suggestion from you ? I have no idea what to do as I have applied for around year.... bluemoon must get feedback but why they just delaying only ours application very unprofessional tactics ....

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Aizaz wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:28 am
Fanikhan15 wrote:
bluemoon2 wrote:
@ Mak2386 , did you get letter explaining you what was the main reason / missing document for rejection ?
Hi Fani how long u been applied for ,, as bluemoon application delayed I am disappointed but any suggestion from you ? I have no idea what to do as I have applied for around year.... bluemoon must get feedback but why they just delaying only ours application very unprofessional tactics ....
Nearly 14 months they like to delay our applications ..wait n see

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 pm

My passport application appeared in the passport tracker earlier this week (7 weeks after it was received at the Consulate in San Francisco on 22-August ). It says "The estimated issue date for your Passport is: 12/11/2018".

When I first read this a few days ago, I forgot that much of the world uses a different format for dates than in the U.S. Here, 12/11/18 is December 11th. So I'm a happier now that I realize that the estimated issue date is a month earlier - November 12th!

Drivera6892
Newly Registered
United States of America

My Timeline Update

Post by Drivera6892 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello!
I posted before about my timeline however ill post an update!

I submitted my application April 7 2018
Sent documents VIA FedEx to Dublin June 12, 2018
Documents Received in Dublin June 18, 2018
Email sent for Update on September 26, 2018 - Informed it was sent on for Final Approval
Automated E-mail received on October 3, 2018 that my application was approved and I am a citizen.

All documents were returned back and received on 10/15/2018

Now to send for the passport. I can go to NY or Washington. Which one do you guys think I should go? is one faster than the other?

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:54 am

Thank you for your update and congratulations!

Going by the date Dublin received your documents and the date you received your back (Assuming with the FBR certificate), I am exactly 9 weeks behind you to the exact day. Wish would mean I should be receiving mine in 12/17/18, if accurate. Hoping for a great Christmas gift!

Did you recieve any notice that your application was approved (other than the documents being received)?

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am

PasadenaTom wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 pm
My passport application appeared in the passport tracker earlier this week...
Just to let you know - the passport tracker works like this: when you first use it, you have to select which type of applicant you are (e.g. Ireland or elsewhere) and enter your application number. It will then generate an estimated time of delivery. However, this estimate never changes throughout the process - even as you get towards the latter stages, it will still show the same date.

So for me, when I first used the tracker in August, it generated an estimated delivery of mid-November. However, last month the tracker information changed to show that my application was progressing through the various stages, but the estimated delivery date always remained as mid November. I actually received my passport mid September, but if I look on the tracker now, it still shows an estimated delivery of mid-November.

So don't take too much notice of the estimated date - in my case, that was inaccurate by two months. The only useful thing the tracker will show is when they actually start processing and printing your passport. From that point, it will probably be between one and two weeks before you get it.

Drivera6892
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Drivera6892 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:53 am

Michael123 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:54 am
Thank you for your update and congratulations!

Going by the date Dublin received your documents and the date you received your back (Assuming with the FBR certificate), I am exactly 9 weeks behind you to the exact day. Wish would mean I should be receiving mine in 12/17/18, if accurate. Hoping for a great Christmas gift!

Did you recieve any notice that your application was approved (other than the documents being received)?
Yes, I received an automated E-mail stating that my application "has been approved and I am now an Irish citizen Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery"

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:40 pm

That’s excellent!
How long between recieving the email and receiving the documents? What courier did they use, Fedex, UPS, Post office? Did the delivery require a signature?

Thanks!!

Mak2386
United States of America

Post by Mak2386 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Fanikhan15 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 pm
Aizaz wrote:
Fanikhan15 wrote:
bluemoon2 wrote:
Guys,
I got my all documents back along with rejection letter.
IN LETTER, they have not mentioned any reason but this line " Application has been rejected because of insufficient documents" ,,
Whatever document they have asked, i have been provided in all original. Seems like the case of discrimination. I have had hired the very famous laywer from Ireland to file a case on them . As per lawyer, they dont have any reason for rejection as all documents are aligned and mark completed.
Will keep you posted guys....

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Mak2386 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 pm
Fanikhan15 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 pm
Aizaz wrote:
Fanikhan15 wrote:

Guys,
I got my all documents back along with rejection letter.
IN LETTER, they have not mentioned any reason but this line " Application has been rejected because of insufficient documents" ,,
Whatever document they have asked, i have been provided in all original. Seems like the case of discrimination. I have had hired the very famous laywer from Ireland to file a case on them . As per lawyer, they dont have any reason for rejection as all documents are aligned and mark completed.
Will keep you posted guys....
According to FBR if they required any further documents they will contact you... its only a discrimination sorry Mark bt dnt give up

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Any update..?

Drivera6892
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Drivera6892 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:40 pm
That’s excellent!
How long between recieving the email and receiving the documents? What courier did they use, Fedex, UPS, Post office? Did the delivery require a signature?

Thanks!!
So the documents came on the 15th. I received a notification from USPS with tracing information for an incoming package ( I have Informed Delivery on ) so it took about 13 days. The envelope was large and said Registered post. I guess after US Customs in NY it was transferred to USPS.

jpauls
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jpauls » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:19 pm

jpauls wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:30 pm

6/26/2018 -- filled out online application, paid fee
7/2/2018 -- mailed application to Dublin registered mail from the Carolinas
7/12/2018 -- DFA emailed confirmation of receipt of application

I inquired about the status of my application yesterday and received this response today.

"Your application has been checked and is in the approval stage of the process. This can take between 10 to 12 weeks when you should hear if your application has been successful. You may during this stage be asked for additional documentation.

At the end of the process we return all original documents & Irish Citizenship certificates (if successful) by registered post which requires a signature."

Shouldn't be much longer now!

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Drivera6892 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm
Michael123 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:40 pm
What courier did they use, Fedex, UPS, Post office? Did the delivery require a signature?
So the documents came on the 15th... ...The envelope was large and said Registered post. I guess after US Customs in NY it was transferred to USPS.
Mine also came via Registered Post (Ireland) and U.S. Postal Service. It required a signature for delivery. I was not at home, but my wife was able to sign for it.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:58 pm

@Mak2386 , its very unfair and unfortunate , if you remember I told you in earlier posts that they are dearly beloved and are discrimination people , effeminately Donal trump style people sitting everywhere and they got courage after Trump rising , I am happy you did not give up and decide to fight for your right . Keep us posted please so we know whats happening as I will do the same if rejected.

brawn401
Mood:
Ireland

Post by brawn401 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:46 am

Hi

After receiving your FBR Certificate does anyone know whether you need to supply your current country’s passport when applying for the Irish passport?

I’m a little concerned I’d have to do this given I travel abroad fairly often for personal and work so would need my current passport to do so

Thanks for the help!

mattskilondon
Newly Registered

Post by mattskilondon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:10 pm

brawn401 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:46 am
Hi

After receiving your FBR Certificate does anyone know whether you need to supply your current country’s passport when applying for the Irish passport?

I’m a little concerned I’d have to do this given I travel abroad fairly often for personal and work so would need my current passport to do so

Thanks for the help!
You can send in your photo driving license if you have that. Otherwise you will need to send in your passport. They are turning the passports around much more quickly now, if that helps - they said it would be about 3 months but mine only took 5 weeks (from UK).

jpauls
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jpauls » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:43 pm

brawn401 wrote:
The passport website lists the required documents and it looks like you don't have to send in your actual passport, just a photocopy of it. Hope that helps!

"A certified photocopy of valid photo identification, such as your driver's license or passport from another country."

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:51 pm

brawn401 wrote:
The instructions I received from the Irish consulate in San Francisco indicated that I should submit a notarized copy of a current ID (passport/drivers licence). That's what was required for the FBR. So that is what I submitted with my passport application.

My application is currently in the passport tracking system, which means it passed the "initial assessment" performed by the consulate, before being forwarded to Dublin. I would think that if my passport copy was not sufficient, the consulate would have contacted me before doing that.

So, whatever was acceptable for your FBR application should be acceptable for your passport application. And you will have what you need when your FBR documents are returned to you.

brawn401
Mood:
Ireland

Post by brawn401 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:14 am

Thanks all for this!

Some of the information available is a little contradictory, as the following site said you have to include your passport!

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/tr ... sport.html

Citizenship through foreign birth registration - you should include:

Your birth certificate
Your civil marriage or civil partnership certificate (if you have changed your surname)
Your foreign birth registration certificate
Your foreign passport

Nonetheless, thanks for the help. I'm happy to part with my Driver's License for a while if it means I get the Passport in return!! :)

I haven't got the FBR yet - based on other people's timelines it seems like I have roughly 30 days until I get the email confirmation that I am an Irish Citizen, and then another 20 days or so until I receive the hard copy certificate - hopefully all before Christmas!!

PasadenaTom - congrats on your FBR entry!

Mattskilondon - thanks for the info RE processing times from the UK - hopefully it will be the same in December / January when I might be able to apply!

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:44 pm

When did you apply?

My package was recieved in Dublin on 8/20/18 according to FedEx tracking and I received the email confirming reciept on 8/21/18.

I think that Im 8 weeks until I get the “successful application” email.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 pm

The passport tracking site says my passport was printed and dispatched today. As I said, I sent a notarized copy of my passport. So tha was OK with Dublin. I would hope the London Embassy would not require more than that. You might want to contact them to verify.

Interesting that many have received emails when their FBR is approved. My only notification was when my application was received in Dublin. Nothing more until the documents arrived by mail. Maybe their backlog has shrunken to the point where they have more time to provide status updates.