ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dylaneftimoff
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Dylaneftimoff » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 am

Hi guys, this forum has helped me a lot. I have a couple of questions.

I have a 1 year absence from the U.K. due to a graduate internship in the US from 08/2015-08-2016. This has all been confirmed with a letter from the university. I got my ILR last year and about to give my biometrics today and send my docs for citizenship (5+1 year process EEA National). I have 440 absent days from the U.K. in the last 6 year period.

1. Do I add the letter from the university confirming this was an internship or do I not because I’m not asked to do so? (I have filled the online application with my 1 year absence) and previously got approved with ILR with it.

2. Can I go to the post office, do my biometrics and send my application straight away on the spot.

3. Can I apply for a British passport while awaiting decision from HO.

I submitted everything online, I’m only confused if I should provide the evidence of the internship even though I’ve already provided it before and now not being asked to.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:09 am

Dylaneftimoff wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 am
Hi guys, this forum has helped me a lot. I have a couple of questions.

I have a 1 year absence from the U.K. due to a graduate internship in the US from 08/2015-08-2016. This has all been confirmed with a letter from the university. I got my ILR last year and about to give my biometrics today and send my docs for citizenship (5+1 year process EEA National). I have 440 absent days from the U.K. in the last 6 year period. You got PR as an EU national. How many days for the 5 year period prior to application? And 90 days for the year prior to application.

1. Do I add the letter from the university confirming this was an internship or do I not because I’m not asked to do so? (I have filled the online application with my 1 year absence) and previously got approved with ILR with it.Can't hurt if you are still within the maximum absences.

2. Can I go to the post office, do my biometrics and send my application straight away on the spot.If you have the biometric form from online I assume so. For manual application you will be sent a letter to be taken to the Post Office.

3. Can I apply for a British passport while awaiting decision from HO. If you don't apply through NDRS (using the passport form from the Post Office you can only apply once you are a British Citizen, after the ceremony.

I submitted everything online, I’m only confused if I should provide the evidence of the internship even though I’ve already provided it before and now not being asked to.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

miss_akudi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by miss_akudi » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:50 am

Hi everyone,

I have made my citizenship application some time ago (still waiting for an answer) and I see a lot of people on this forum made their passport application pretty much in the same time as their citizenship application.
I always thought I had to wait for the approval letter and have the ceremony first, before I could apply for the passport.
Do I need to apply for the passport before I receive the approval letter? If yes, is there an online application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:55 am

miss_akudi wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:50 am
Hi everyone,

I have made my citizenship application some time ago (still waiting for an answer) and I see a lot of people on this forum made their passport application pretty much in the same time as their citizenship application.
I always thought I had to wait for the approval letter and have the ceremony first, before I could apply for the passport.
Do I need to apply for the passport before I receive the approval letter? If yes, is there an online application?

Thanks
You can only apply for a passport at the same time if you used the NDRS service at the Council. In your case, you will now have to wait till you have attended your ceremony before you can apply for a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MYA

Home office works on Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Post by MYA » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:57 pm

I have noticed that one of the member named RGSIVA naturalisation application approval date is 23rd September but Iam shocked on 23rd September 2018 it’s Sunday !!!!!!!!!

Does home office works on Sunday as well???????

See the September 2018 time line under RGSIVA

RGSIVA
Newly Registered
India

Re: Home office works on Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Post by RGSIVA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:40 am

I have noticed that one of the member named RGSIVA naturalisation application approval date is 23rd September but Iam shocked on 23rd September 2018 it’s Sunday !!!!!!!!!

Does home office works on Sunday as well??????

See the September 2018 time line under RGSIVA
[/quote]

YES This True I had received letter of dated 23 /sept/2018 on 29/sept/2018

Kieferboy
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Kieferboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry Im not sure where would be best to post this questions.

My naturalisation recently has been approved and I have booked my ceremony this Thursday 4/10. Then I’ll have to return my BRP immediately. Also, I will apply for my first adult British Passport.
My worries is I have booked my travels within Europe on 19/10 and I’m not sure I will have my passport by then. My current foreign passport would allow me in and out of the UK without visa (this of course as tourist ), however I’m worried Immigration Officer will ask me for my ILR BRP since my ILR no. is written down with the stamp everytime.

My questions are:

1. Any urgent passport application service for first adult passport application?
2. Can I make a copy of my ILR BRP (before I return it to Home Office), get it certified to accompany my passport for the Immigration Officer upon returning to the UK. Will this be accepted?
3. Letter from Home Office of my Citizenship approval dated 29/8 and stated that I have 21 days of the date of the letter to book my ceremony, if I change my date of ceremony (ie: after my travel for example), is this ok?

Please any advice would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Kieferboy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:40 pm
Hi guys,

My naturalisation recently has been approved and I have booked my ceremony this Thursday 4/10. Then I’ll have to return my BRP immediately. Also, I will apply for my first adult British Passport.
My worries is I have booked my travels within Europe on 19/10 and I’m not sure I will have my passport by then. My current foreign passport would allow me in and out of the UK without visa (this of course as tourist ), however I’m worried Immigration Officer will ask me for my ILR BRP since my ILR no. is written down with the stamp everytime.

My questions are:

1. Any urgent passport application service for first adult passport application?
2. Can I make a copy of my ILR BRP (before I return it to Home Office), get it certified to accompany my passport for the Immigration Officer upon returning to the UK. Will this be accepted?
3. Letter from Home Office of my Citizenship approval dated 29/8 and stated that I have 21 days of the date of the letter to book my ceremony, if I change my date of ceremony (ie: after my travel for example), is this ok?

1. The is no fast track service for first adult passports.

2. You need original brp if you are travelling. Unlikely airlines will accept a copy.

3. It is 21 days to BOOK the ceremony. You must ATTEND your ceremony within 90 days. Suggest move your ceremony till you are back in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kieferboy
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Kieferboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:00 pm
Kieferboy wrote:
Hi guys,

My questions are:

2. You need original brp if you are travelling. Unlikely airlines will accept a copy.

3. It is 21 days to BOOK the ceremony. You must ATTEND your ceremony within 90 days. Suggest move your ceremony till you are back in the UK.
Thanks for the fast response CR001. I thought so, thatd be the better solution. My next question, can you book a ceremony at other council besides the council of your area of residence?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Kieferboy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:00 pm
Kieferboy wrote:
Hi guys,

My questions are:

Thanks for the fast response CR001. I thought so, thatd be the better solution. My next question, can you book a ceremony at other council besides the council of your area of residence?
You could but it is not a quick or easy process. You would have to tell the council and then they notify HO and sent your certificate back to HO who then send it out to the new council. It can take many weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mish_slab
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mish_slab » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi there.

New to this forum.

My Mom is currently in South Africa, awaiting the response for her citizenship via dual descent application. If she is successful, is she able to come to the UK on a tourist visa and attend the ceremony in the UK, and apply for her passport in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:18 pm

mish_slab wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 pm
Hi there.

New to this forum.

My Mom is currently in South Africa, awaiting the response for her citizenship via dual descent application. If she is successful, is she able to come to the UK on a tourist visa and attend the ceremony in the UK, and apply for her passport in the UK?
Probably not as her certificate would have been sent to SA for her ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ranna » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:15 am

Hello,

Do I need to do anything after the ceremony if I used JCAP ? Will they just send me the passport? I didn’t have a BRP, just the Blue permanent residency card thing.
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 am

Ranna wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:15 am
Hello,

Do I need to do anything after the ceremony if I used JCAP ? Will they just send me the passport? I didn’t have a BRP, just the Blue permanent residency card thing.
Thanks!
Nothing you need to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ranna
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ranna » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 am
Ranna wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Nothing you need to do.
Thank you!
There is no way of checking the status of your passport application though, is there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 am

Ranna wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 am
Ranna wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Nothing you need to do.
Thank you!
There is no way of checking the status of your passport application though, is there?
Not unless you made a note of the unique barcode number on the form. You could also call the passport office if you have the reference number.

It usually takes a week or two for passport to arrive. It all depends on how efficient and quickly the council notifies HO that you have attended your ceremony. Only once that is done, is the passport process completed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

PaulG
Newly Registered
Mood:

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PaulG » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm

HELLO,
Can anyone of you who have applied online for BC be so kind to inform me if the acknowledgement you've received is a different email from the one of the payment confirmation and next steps. I pretty worried as I have just received the confirmation of payment email but not any acknowledgement email.
Thank you!!
PaulG wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm
Hi all,

I have a question about the acknowledgement of your citizenship application. I have been reading in the TIMELINE forum and I've seen people mentioning they have received an acknowledgement of the online applications 1,2,3, 4 or more days after sending it. I have applied online and immediately after sending the application I've received an email with the confirmation of the payment and what to do next... I am not sure if that is what others call the acknowledgement of the application as that's all I have received.

I used the NDRS and I know the HO has received the copies of my documents as I had tracked the mail, but apart from that I have nothing and I am concerned if I am missing something.
Please let me know!! Thank you :?:

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 pm

usILR wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:28 pm
Looking at July/Aug 2018 timelines, many getting their approvals in less than a month. Is this norm these days or they're lucky? I thought mine was straightforward, Tier2/ILR, one job all these years, no extended absences etc, and nothing yet, it's been nearly two months.
This question interests me as well. Can anyone advise please? Many are getting their approvals in under 2 months. Is this the norm these days or are those people just lucky?

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 pm

hellow,
its only my observation but i think online process,ncs or ndrs services are helping to
reduce waiting time.because already half works done by applicant who generete his/her finger print letter, on the other hand NCS and NDRS already check applicant original dacuments.additional help they already getting from police,dwp,council ,tax and other GOV department.
SALSABEEL

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 pm

so, is the current average time to process 2 months? I know the guidelines say upto 6 months, but what is the actual current average time to process? any data or guesses on this question?

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:51 pm

longgapilr wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 pm
so, is the current average time to process 2 months? I know the guidelines say upto 6 months, but what is the actual current average time to process? any data or guesses on this question?
NO, because it depends on caseworker who has ur file,how much he/she has pressure of backlog files, also how much complecated or simple circumstances u have.also waiting time for response from relevent department how much active staff working with them.
sometime case looks straight but their point of view could b differ from us so answer is no still case can b considered with in 6 months or longer if complecated.
SALSABEEL

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:00 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:51 pm
longgapilr wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 pm
NO, because it depends on caseworker who has ur file,how much he/she has pressure of backlog files, also how much complecated or simple circumstances u have.also waiting time for response from relevent department how much active staff working with them.
sometime case looks straight but their point of view could b differ from us so answer is no still case can b considered with in 6 months or longer if complecated.
please look at link below it could b an other factor regarding ur quiry,
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sopr ... i-contract
general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvi-digit ... 60944.html
SALSABEEL

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:52 pm

PaulG wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm
HELLO,
Can anyone of you who have applied online for BC be so kind to inform me if the acknowledgement you've received is a different email from the one of the payment confirmation and next steps. I pretty worried as I have just received the confirmation of payment email but not any acknowledgement email.
Thank you!!
PaulG wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question about the acknowledgement of your citizenship application. I have been reading in the TIMELINE forum and I've seen people mentioning they have received an acknowledgement of the online applications 1,2,3, 4 or more days after sending it. I have applied online and immediately after sending the application I've received an email with the confirmation of the payment and what to do next... I am not sure if that is what others call the acknowledgement of the application as that's all I have received.

I used the NDRS and I know the HO has received the copies of my documents as I had tracked the mail, but apart from that I have nothing and I am concerned if I am missing something.
I applied through online. I received the payment confirmation email instantly and the acknowledgement (separate email) received next day. I had my NDRS appointment afterwards.

PaulG
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by PaulG » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:44 am

trilobite1981 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:52 pm
PaulG wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm
HELLO,
Thank you!!
PaulG wrote:
Hi all,

I applied through online. I received the payment confirmation email instantly and the acknowledgement (separate email) received next day. I had my NDRS appointment afterwards.
Thank you so much for your answer. I haven't got any acknowledgement!!

Juan21
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Juan21 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi there,
Firstly, I want to congratulate to the organizers of the website/foro, because is a good help to all the people involved with Visa applications.
Secondly, let me introduce myself; I came to uk (Scotland) in 2012 with my family and we believe is time to apply for citizenship by naturalisation. Apologize if this has been alreafy clarify, but I didnt found a clear answer.
Can we apply the whole family at same time? I mean, is a family application in some where? If is yes, is better all toguether? Is a family fee?
Or I have to apply one by one. Adults first and later on the kids?
As we are 6 years in Uk, we will need the ILR?
I've been told that the NCS wont give any kind of advise.
Thanks in advance