ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - LTD company Finances?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jsmith1234
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - LTD company Finances?

Post by jsmith1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Hello all,
My wife arrived in the UK on Feb 2017. We will be applying for her spouse extension which comes up on October 2019.
I have all the relevant paper work. However, im slightly confused with financial situation as im a director of a LTD company.

We have 1 child who was born in the UK, so I understand I need to show an income of £23,000 (rounding up).
My LTD company was created around November 2017, so my first-year accounts will need to be generated on November 2018.

I was in a Perm job until March 2018 (then I officially started doing contract work, so for the first few months of my LTD company I had no income via the company)
I earn £225 per day and have been doing so for the last 6 months. My contract has been extended until January 2019 (with possible extension or ill look elsewhere)

Can anyone suggest what I should do in terms of my income for the 1st year of my LTD company? As I will need to show the home office my income etc (slightly confused when it comes to LTD companies, as I haven’t actually been paying my self as my accountant suggested paying my self-dividends to be “tax efficient” .

But I don’t want to pay myself in dividends if its going to cause the HO to think I don’t earn £23,000 per year (which I clearly do).
Thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa - LTD company Finances?

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 am

What is your child's nationality - I presume British Citizen since born in UK (as you are british too)?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

jsmith1234
Newly Registered

Post by jsmith1234 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Yes he was born in Britain and so was i.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:42 am

Then you only need to prove £18,600pa income. British children are excluded from the financial calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jsmith1234
Newly Registered

Post by jsmith1234 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:43 am

Ok, lets say worst case scenario, they reject my application. will my wife and my child (who has a british passport) have to leave the UK? 

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am

Unlikely. She might be given the opportunity to apply on FLR(FP) 10 year partner route (her clock would reset to zero for ILR). If HO refuse FLR(M), they often issue the 10 year partner route which would be 4 x 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.