ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) Form Section 5

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukbusiness2016

Re: Set (O) Form Section 5

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Hourly rate paid (in GBP)
Every change should be indicated by having separate rows for each change

Hi Marcnath,

Since I am applying online, I shall keep adding entries without putting in an end date of employment.

Should I use the initial start date for each entry or the start of the tax year as the start date?

Thanks!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:05 pm

ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm
Hourly rate paid (in GBP)
Every change should be indicated by having separate rows for each change

Hi Marcnath,

Since I am applying online, I shall keep adding entries without putting in an end date of employment.

Should I use the initial start date for each entry or the start of the tax year as the start date?

Thanks!
You would put in start date and end date for each hourly rate of the period that rate applies to.
so, 1.1.2016 to 31.3.2016 - 7.5
1.4.2016 to 31.8.2016 - 8.0 and so on.

Initial start date is start date when the employee first started in that job
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:41 am

Hi Marcnath,

Thank you for help on previous occasions.

I have just had an email from UKVI stating the following:

"We have received payslips, HMRC submission print outs and details of employment payments for 4 of your employees, however, we have not received the Real Time Information sheets as required in Appendix A, Paragraph 50 (a) of the Immigration Rules.
If the applicant is required to score points for job creation in Table 5 or Table 6, they must provide all of the following specified documents:
printouts of Real Time Full Payment Submissions showing that the applicant complied with Pay As You Earn (PAYE) reporting requirements to HM Revenue & Customs in respect of each relevant settled worker as legally required, and has done so for the full period of employment used to claim points. These must show every payment made to each settled worker as well as any deductions"

I have included printouts of each and every employees FPS submission for every month of their employment (2 copies) so all in all there is about 225 pages of FPS submissions for all 4 employees (both copies). I am a bit confused as to what else the above mentioned could refer to?

I use the BASIC PAYE software and sent the FPS submission printouts as generated by the software. I used the same ones during my extension application and no problems. Could you please advise on what I should do next?

They have given me 10 days to send the 'missing documents'. Should I just resend all FPS submissions or is there something I am missing here?

Thanks!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:59 pm

ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:41 am
Hi Marcnath,

Thank you for help on previous occasions.

I have just had an email from UKVI stating the following:

"We have received payslips, HMRC submission print outs and details of employment payments for 4 of your employees, however, we have not received the Real Time Information sheets as required in Appendix A, Paragraph 50 (a) of the Immigration Rules.
If the applicant is required to score points for job creation in Table 5 or Table 6, they must provide all of the following specified documents:
printouts of Real Time Full Payment Submissions showing that the applicant complied with Pay As You Earn (PAYE) reporting requirements to HM Revenue & Customs in respect of each relevant settled worker as legally required, and has done so for the full period of employment used to claim points. These must show every payment made to each settled worker as well as any deductions"

I have included printouts of each and every employees FPS submission for every month of their employment (2 copies) so all in all there is about 225 pages of FPS submissions for all 4 employees (both copies). I am a bit confused as to what else the above mentioned could refer to?

I use the BASIC PAYE software and sent the FPS submission printouts as generated by the software. I used the same ones during my extension application and no problems. Could you please advise on what I should do next?

They have given me 10 days to send the 'missing documents'. Should I just resend all FPS submissions or is there something I am missing here?

Thanks!
I am not familiar with the basic PAYE FPS, but it should be ok. As long as the specified information is there, it should be ok. Send it again explaining this was already submitted and show how it covers the information they need - payments, deductions, etc.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi,

the FPS contains the following information:

Employer Name: Employee Name:
PAYE Reference: Employee Address:
Accounts Office Ref:
Tax year: National Insurance No:
Payroll ID:

Payment details

Payment date:
Tax period number:
NI period number:

Pay details

Pay for Income tax purposes:
Pay for NI purposes:

PAYE details

Employees pay frequency:
Tax code:
NI category letter:
Student loan deduction:

Statutory payments

total statutory sick pay in this payment:
total statutory maternity pay in this payment:
total statutory paternity pay in this payment:
Shared parental pay in this payment:
total statutory adoption pay in this payment:

Payroll benefits in kind

Payrolled benefits in kind subject to PAYE tax:
Benefits in kind subject to Class 1 NI contributions:

Employee pension contributions

Pension contributions paid under net pay arrangement:
Pension contributions paid not under net pay arrangement:

Total for tax and National insurance
Total pay for income tax:
Total pay for NI:

Total deductions

Total income tax deduction:
total NI deduction:
Student loan deduction:

Net amount
Net amount:

Other details

Is this payment being reduced due to strike action:
Is this payment being reduced due to unpaid absence:

I have replied to their email telling them that these documents were included. I shall wait for a couple of days, if I do not hear back I will send it again with all info. I think its just an oversight on their part and hopefully should be straightforward to resolve.
Thanks Marcnath!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm

ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:07 pm
Hi,

the FPS contains the following information:

Employer Name: Employee Name:
PAYE Reference: Employee Address:
Accounts Office Ref:
Tax year: National Insurance No:
Payroll ID:

Payment details

Payment date:
Tax period number:
NI period number:

Pay details

Pay for Income tax purposes:
Pay for NI purposes:

PAYE details

Employees pay frequency:
Tax code:
NI category letter:
Student loan deduction:

Statutory payments

total statutory sick pay in this payment:
total statutory maternity pay in this payment:
total statutory paternity pay in this payment:
Shared parental pay in this payment:
total statutory adoption pay in this payment:

Payroll benefits in kind

Payrolled benefits in kind subject to PAYE tax:
Benefits in kind subject to Class 1 NI contributions:

Employee pension contributions

Pension contributions paid under net pay arrangement:
Pension contributions paid not under net pay arrangement:

Total for tax and National insurance
Total pay for income tax:
Total pay for NI:

Total deductions

Total income tax deduction:
total NI deduction:
Student loan deduction:

Net amount
Net amount:

Other details

Is this payment being reduced due to strike action:
Is this payment being reduced due to unpaid absence:

I have replied to their email telling them that these documents were included. I shall wait for a couple of days, if I do not hear back I will send it again with all info. I think its just an oversight on their part and hopefully should be straightforward to resolve.
Thanks Marcnath!
That is fine

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:45 am

ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 pm
Hello,

I am applying for my ILR from Tier 1 Entrepreneur status. I have the following questions, would appreciate some help.

1. Do I need to complete Section 5?
2. If yes, what would my answer to Q5.3 be? (are you working in the UK? If so what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions)

I am only running my business and as it stands I do not pay myself a salary.

3. Q5.6 states - You must complete all 5 boxes below if you are applying as a work permit holder, a Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sports Person) or a Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) migrant (your employer will be able to provide you with these details).

Am I right in assuming I am not required to fill this?

4. Q5.7 Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 - 5.6 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependants adequately.

Thank you.

Anyone with answers to the above 4 questions? Thanks

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Did they respond?

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:22 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:45 am
ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 pm
Hello,

I am applying for my ILR from Tier 1 Entrepreneur status. I have the following questions, would appreciate some help.

1. Do I need to complete Section 5?
2. If yes, what would my answer to Q5.3 be? (are you working in the UK? If so what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions)

I am only running my business and as it stands I do not pay myself a salary.

3. Q5.6 states - You must complete all 5 boxes below if you are applying as a work permit holder, a Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sports Person) or a Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) migrant (your employer will be able to provide you with these details).

Am I right in assuming I am not required to fill this?

4. Q5.7 Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 - 5.6 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependants adequately.

Thank you.

Hi, I just made an online application. It just is a lot simpler and it will only ask you to fill info based on your selections, much easier.

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:24 pm

sm12 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm
Did they respond?
Hi, no they didnt but the possibility of them having misplaced some documents is not unheard of. I have resent everything to them so hopefully I'll have a decision soon.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:20 pm

[/quote]

Hi, I just made an online application. It just is a lot simpler and it will only ask you to fill info based on your selections, much easier.
[/quote]

I don't think a Tier 1 Main Applicant could use online application. Only Tier 1 dependant etc

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:14 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:20 pm
[/quote]

I don't think a Tier 1 Main Applicant could use online application. Only Tier 1 dependant etc
[/quote]

That is incorrect. As I mentioned I applied online (in June). A few others have too so I'd suggest you take look.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:20 am

ok

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:55 pm

Applied for ILR Route: Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 years- 200K

Online Application
Date ApplicationSent: 21/06/2018
Payment Debited:21/06/2018
Biometric Letter Received: 21/06/2018
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 21/06/2018
Documents Received by HO: 22/06/2018
Acknowledgement Letter: 22/06/2018
Application Consideration Emails: 22/07/2018, 21/08/2018, 21/09/2018 & 22/10/2018
Request for Additional Documents: 02/10/2018
Additional Documents Sent: 03/10/2018
Additional Documents Received by HO: 04/10/2018

Approval Received: 22/10/2018
BRP Card Received: 25/10/2018

Thank you to all moderators for your help and guidance.