ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! Travelling after Citizenship ceremoney

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vaibhavg18mau

Urgent! Travelling after Citizenship ceremoney

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:04 am

Hi All

I have ceremony booked for Thrusday 4th Oct. I have company meeting to attend in Greece and will fly on Monday 8th Oct and will return on Thursday 11th Oct.

I am also flying to India on 2nd Nov and coming back on 24th .

My question is: Is it possible to enter back to UK on Thursday 11th Oct on my BRP? (I applied based on 5years Tier 2 + 1 years ILR)

I know I have to return my BRP in 5 business days.

I took JCAP service so as soon as citizenship ceremony is completed passport application will start and it likely that I will receive BRitish Passport before my India trip (02Non)

If I postpone ceremony now then I will not be able to get my passport on time before I go to India as there are no appointments available until 24th OCt for Citizenship ceremony.
Please let me know if its possible to enter UK on Thursday 11th Oct.

Confused no what to do.

Tier1G09
India

Re: Urgent! Travelling after Citizenship ceremoney

Post by Tier1G09 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Your BRP is void after you attend your ceremony and you cannot travel abroad on the basis of your ILR BRP.

The best decision is to call your local council and postpone your ceremony once you are back from India.

You have to book your ceremony within 21 days of your approval letter and you can attend ceremony within 90 days of your approval letter.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:06 am

thnaks for your response, I have today reschedule my citizenship ceremony as I dont want any issues when entering UK next week.
I have rescheduled on 15th OCt and hopefully passport will arrive on time

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 am

After attending ceremony, passport will arrive within 4 weeks. I have seen on some timeline threads that passport usually arrives within 2 weeks.

In your case as you are travelling to India on Nov 2nd, you have to apply online for Indian e-visa minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days. Example: If you are flying on 2nd Nov then you have to apply by 29 Oct.

I am not sure if you can travel using Indian passport after acquiring naturalization, if you do then you have to pay fine when you surrender your Indian passport. Please check with vfs team.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:48 am

thanks very much for more infor. YEs- I have considered these factors as well (4 days application). Hopefully my passport will arrive on time.

If it doesn't then will change my departure date.

ALso to note that - there is a 3 months grace period to travel on Indian passport (from date of naturlisation i.e 15oct) to surrender the Indian passport. So I could enter India on Indian passport but would not be able to produce BRP has it would have been submitted to UKVI after citizenship ceremony.

Hopefully I will receive my passport soon.

Thanks again

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:20 am

Fingers crossed, everything will work out!