ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Online Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Help with Online Application Process

Post by lucky16k » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:50 am

So my situation is I have a valid passport but I cannot send it with my application because I travel with work. So instead I'm supplying my Maltese National Identity Card like I used for the permanent resident status application and for the Life in the UK test.

So in the application process can you please check I'm doing the right thing?

1. Do you have a valid passport? (Required)
Use your passport to complete this section. If you cannot supply your current and valid passport as part of your application, select No.
Selected: NO.

2. You are unable to provide your passport with your application because
Selected: Other

3. Provide the reason
Said: This application can take up to 6 months and my current job contract state that travelling is an essential requirement and will require my passport to use it for next trip to China scheduled in November and visa application before that in October time.
Here is an abstract from my job contract: Criteria - Essential - Able to travel worldwide to meet the company's business requirements.

4. Copy of your passport details
Are you able to provide details of your passport using a copy of the information? (Required)
This could be from a photo, scan or photocopy of the photo page of your passport.
Selected: Yes, followed by filling all my passport details.

5. Do you have the details of your most recent expired passport?
Selected: No

6. Do you have a valid national identity card?
Selected: Yes and provided ID details.

7. Do you have a travel document?
Selected: No (never had to use a travel document)

8. Explain why you are unable to provide either a valid national identity card or a travel document.
Proof of identity is usually required to make a valid application.
(This part of the application puzzles me because I have to give a reason why I can't supply a valid ID card when I said yes in step no.6 and provided all details?!)
My answer on the application to that is: Will provide the valid national identity card with my application.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with Online Application Process

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 am

Why not apply using NDRS service at the council as they then copy your documents and return originals to you. You can also apply for the British passport at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:14 am

That's a great idea and just looked into it and luckily had a look through the non-local council (I live in Cornwall so nearest place for this service is Plymouth!) And seen this warning message
"Please note: This service will no longer be running and the last date for appointments is Wednesday 10 October 2018"

Not sure if I'm still im time but I might risk it onpy got a week left to do all of the application process. I got most of the information requirments (I believe)

What do you think having just a week to do it all?

Also can one apply for passport even before this application have been successful or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 am

At least make the NDRS appointment in the meantime.

Yes you complete the paper passport form and submit it at the same time under the joint citizenship and passport scheme. But only possible if you use NDRS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Right next question:

I've applied and got the permanent residence status but its not biometric one (I believe) here's the link to show my permit: weblink removed

Your biometric residence permit (BRP)
Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application?
My answer to that is: No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave

Since mine is not a biometric version, is that correct statement to say?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:48 pm

I removed your weblink as it identifies you personally.

Your card is fine, however where does it state Document Certifying Permanent Residence??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 pm

Thanks for removing the link.

So to submit the BRP details have to be done before sending the online application or can be done after? Considering I got until Wednesday to do everything via NDRS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Once you have submitted your online application and paid, you will be able to download your biometric letter and get that done at the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 am

Next step, so all the application is now complete and more questions about the documents section.

1. Proof of living in the UK
If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period. Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.
So no bank statements! P60s or Payslips neither? Just a letter from my current employer which I only been there 2 years and for the old employers I could supply their reference letters and the offered job contracts at the time maybe?

2. When do I choose the NDRS service?

Thanks.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 am

lucky16k wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 am
Next step, so all the application is now complete and more questions about the documents section.

1. Proof of living in the UK
If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period. Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.
So no bank statements! P60s or Payslips neither? Just a letter from my current employer which I only been there 2 years and for the old employers I could supply their reference letters and the offered job contracts at the time maybe?

2. When do I choose the NDRS service?

Thanks.
Have you first and foremost already booked your local council NDRS appointment as CR001 suggested?
At least make the NDRS appointment in the meantime
If you want to apply by Wednesday, and if not booked, in all likelihood you won't get an appointment before Wednesday or at all with the prospective changes.

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:01 am

Yeah your're right there just called the NDRS service in Plymouth and they have been fully booked with appointments and out of hours ones for the past 4 weeks so never stand a chance there. I asked the lady when I called for the reason why closing this service and she said the Home office decided to do so!!! :x :cry:

Right so plan B! I cannot submit my passport with my application because I got scheduled travel in the next 3 months! So have to find another NDRS service that is not ridiculously far.

I live in Cornwall (no men's land!) is Bristol the closest NDRS service? Can't believe Exeter is not on the list either!

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:21 am

Okay plan B to go up to Bristol is very slim chance I can make it apart its like 6 hours return journey to get there and back.

So plan C: Can I change my application and not use the NDRS service and not send my passport but send my Maltese National ID card like I did with the Permanent Residence Status and send it off by post instead?

Thanks.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:56 am

lucky16k wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:01 am
Yeah your're right there just called the NDRS service in Plymouth and they have been fully booked with appointments and out of hours ones for the past 4 weeks so never stand a chance there. I asked the lady when I called for the reason why closing this service and she said the Home office decided to do so!!! :x :cry:

Right so plan B! I cannot submit my passport with my application because I got scheduled travel in the next 3 months! So have to find another NDRS service that is not ridiculously far.

I live in Cornwall (no men's land!) is Bristol the closest NDRS service? Can't believe Exeter is not on the list either!
Just to let you know -Windsor and Maidenhead council offer premium NDRS appointment (i.e out of normal working hrs) and they usually give you appointment next day. This was the situation when I applied on 21-Aug-2018. Not sure if this has changed now but try calling them. Plymouth to Windsor should be 2-3hrs drive.

Otherwise you have no option but to complete you application online and send the original documents via post to HO.

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:48 pm

So I've decided to go for a 6 hour return journey and booked my appointment in Bristol. The NDRS service seems the best way that will work for me!

I would like to clarify one of the documents listed please;

Proof of living in the UK

A letter from my current employer which I only been there 2 years and for the old employers I could supply their reference letters and the offered job contracts at the time maybe? P60s? Payslips?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 pm

lucky16k wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:48 pm
So I've decided to go for a 6 hour return journey and booked my appointment in Bristol. The NDRS service seems the best way that will work for me!

I would like to clarify one of the documents listed please;

Proof of living in the UK

A letter from my current employer which I only been there 2 years and for the old employers I could supply their reference letters and the offered job contracts at the time maybe? P60s? Payslips?
My understanding is that only if you are from EU and no passport stamp re entry, do you need employers letters, P60's etc. for proving residence/living in the UK and is not necessary for non-EU where you would have a stamp/s in your passport. This despite the wording in the application which is designed as a generic to cater for all