ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second stage?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Second stage?

Post by thegoodaulleo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 am

EU Citizen + 7 years in Ireland + Irish Association (son)
  • Applied (via Solicitor) on: 30/03/2018
  • Acknowledgement from INIS (returning passport): 11/04/2018
  • Acknowledgement from INIS (appl. no issued): 11/06/2018
Sent an email yesterday asking for info and got this reply:
"Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.
Regards,
Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4"

Does this mean is at second stage? :?: :roll:

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Second stage?

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:17 am

Its 2nd stage :)

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:22 am

So I'd say I might be in for the 1st Ceremony of 2019, certainly not for 26-Nov :cry:

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:26 am

I applied beginning of July and they said there is no way this year I will get to the ceremony , also EU citizen - 10 yrs in Ireland at least we dont need to suffer regarding visas etc.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:28 am

Hi thegoodaulleo
Don't want to sound pessimistic as I'm only giving my honest opinion. This reply doesn't seem to be the second stage letter. In that letter, it clearly states that your application has been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of the processing. I'd say that in your case, there're still at the initial stage and after they've done with that they will send you the actual second stage letter.

In my case, I received a letter with that very same content last April and I thought it was the second stage letter but I only got the second stage letter in late August. As you can see there's still some way to go and all you can do right now is just to wait I'm afraid. I hope it won't take long in your case.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:34 am

As I see you got acknowledgement letter 11Jun if it says your application is now on 2nd stage should be fine. I applied 9.7 and got 2nd stage letter day after *delivered 10.7*

I sent them over 2 kg of papers :)

* Acknowledgement from INIS (appl. no issued): 11/06/2018*

Olla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Olla » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:48 am

Hope someone can help. I applied in May 2018, received confirmation and passport returned after 4weeks with reference number and was told my application had moved to second stage and it should take about 6 months. Is this second stage letter?. I have sent an email twice and I keep getting the same emails: your application continues to be processed whether I’m of good character etc. phoned the number numerous times too no answer. I also changed my job and sent a letter with the most recent pay slips, the same girl that sent my second stage letter confirmed correspondence of the change of job letter. I haven’t heard anything from them at all they haven’t asked for anything is that a good sign? I’m paranoid and don’t think I’ll attend this year’s ceremony I’m not in a rush as long as I get my approval.
Thanks you..

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:52 am

Olla wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:48 am
Hope someone can help. I applied in May 2018, received confirmation and passport returned after 4weeks with reference number and was told my application had moved to second stage and it should take about 6 months. Is this second stage letter?. I have sent an email twice and I keep getting the same emails: your application continues to be processed whether I’m of good character etc. phoned the number numerous times too no answer. I also changed my job and sent a letter with the most recent pay slips, the same girl that sent my second stage letter confirmed correspondence of the change of job letter. I haven’t heard anything from them at all they haven’t asked for anything is that a good sign? I’m paranoid and don’t think I’ll attend this year’s ceremony I’m not in a rush as long as I get my approval.
Thanks you..
Applications can take up to a year (and sometime more) so I wouldn't worry. Definitely you are not gonna make it for this November.
PS: It's useless to contact INIS by email or by phone - they can't release any more information than you already know (application is in progress), it's just a waiting game!

Olla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Olla » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 am

Thank you 🙏

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:27 pm

At the end of the day... I wasn't in the second stage as I just received today the second stage letter (after being required additional docs last month). :)
Am I correct assuming now that the second stage is all about garda reports, etc.? :?: