ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received VFS SMS and No Email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

veenz
Newly Registered

Settlement Partner Visa

Post by veenz » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi All,

I am a British citizen by birth, born to a British father ( who is an Indian by Orgin and acquired British citizenship after staying more than 10 years in UK )and Mother of Indian Citizenship .I was born in UK in 1990 and came back to India with my Parents when I was 5 years old.I did my studies in India and started working for an IT company in India and completed 6 years of work by February 2018.I got married to my husband who is an Indian citizen in August 2017.The Marriage happened in India.In February 2018 I travelled back to UK and got a job in 9th April 2018.

Based on UK Gov Visa rules for Settlement Partner Visa,

1)I am getting more than the minimum salary specified(more than 18600 pounds).
2)I will get my 6th payslip by 30th September 2018.
3)I wil be completing 6 months of employment by 9th October 2018.
4)All other Requirements like English Proficiency,Accomodation,Utility Bills,Bank Statements are satisfied.

Are we good to proceed with our Partner Visa Application considering that I lived in UK for first 5 years and being in India for 23 years and after that moving back to UK.

Thanks

Looking Forward to a Reply

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Settlement Partner Visa

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Your previous absence from uk won't matter if you currently can meet the spouse visa requirements. Your 6th month will complete on 9th October because financial requirement require the completion of 6 months instead 6 number of payslips. Just keep tuned with board formore information & news.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

veenz
Newly Registered

Post by veenz » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 am

Thank you for your reply seagul.

Considering my application should not have any issues due to my previous absence ,May I ask - As mentioned I started my job on 9th April 2018 and am completing 6 months on 9th October 2018 and will get 6th payslip by September end. Eventhough I started halfway in first month ,my salary for the month even after tax is more than 1550 pounds (18600/12).

Is it ok if we do Online application on Oct beginning and submit biometrics and passport at vfs on October 10th (As on Oct 9th I will complete 6 months) or Should I wait till I get October Months payslip as well and apply after I get that.

Has anybody had gone though a similar situation here.

Thanks,
Waiting for your reply

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm

veenz wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 am
Thank you for your reply seagul.

Considering my application should not have any issues due to my previous absence ,May I ask - As mentioned I started my job on 9th April 2018 and am completing 6 months on 9th October 2018 and will get 6th payslip by September end. Eventhough I started halfway in first month ,my salary for the month even after tax is more than 1550 pounds (18600/12).

Is it ok if we do Online application on Oct beginning and submit biometrics and passport at vfs on October 10th (As on Oct 9th I will complete 6 months) or Should I wait till I get October Months payslip as well and apply after I get that.

Has anybody had gone though a similar situation here.

Thanks,
Waiting for your reply
Wait when you will complete your 6 months and got relevant financial and other documents are in hand but strictly make sure that these should not be older than 28 days from the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

veenz
Newly Registered

Post by veenz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks Seagull. :)

Please help in clarifying below three points.

1.Should we take original copies of documents (both sponsor and applicant) to VFS or should photocopies suffice.Will there be any document verification done at VFS?

2.We are planning to do Priority service so as to speed up the process and as far as our understanding payment of Priority Service should be done at VFS. Should we send receipt of Priority service received at VFS along with original documents to Sheffield?

3.Also i have send 300-400 GBP each month to my brother in UK for his personal needs for last five to six months of which he has returned 50% amount by transferring back to my same account.These transactions will be reflected in my bank statement and will it be an issue during my bank statement verification done post document submission at Sheffield?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:52 pm

1 - Are you using scanning service at the VFS or posting everything Sheffield? Make sure you do one and not both and there is no need to take photocopies

2 - Attach receipt in bundle and on top of bundle write Priority

3 - Doesn't matter no issue at all as you already earn more than £18,600
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

veenz
Newly Registered

Post by veenz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Thanks Londoner:)..

1 - Are you using scanning service at the VFS or posting everything Sheffield? Make sure you do one and not both and there is no need to take photocopies
Ans-We will be sending documents to Sheffield ,so that means i need not take any documents to VFS.

2 - Attach receipt in bundle and on top of bundle write Priority

3 - Doesn't matter no issue at all as you already earn more than £18,600

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:12 pm

1 - Just take following to VFS:
- Appointment letter
- Passport
- 2 x passport photo
- Printed copy of online application only to show to them DO NOT submit.

Only submit biometrics and passport at the VFS and tell them your sponsor will post the support document bundle to Sheffield in UK.

Make sure you send everything to your sponsor in Uk and get them to add their stuff and then post everything using RoyalMail to sheffield.

veenz
Newly Registered

Post by veenz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks for all the help!!

We are submitting our application tomorrow. We saw that in the appendix it is asked when my self and my partner first met and when did the relationship begin .

We both met at our first job in Dec 2011 and became friends and worked together in the same place for 4 years, started our relationship in Jan 2017 and then got married in Aug 2017.

We thought of giving this information in appendix as well .We are wondering what documents we have to provide to support or prove this.The only thing we have are photos took during those years and documents provided by our company showing our joining date which is same for both of us.

Would that be proper docs to give .Is there anything else that is required to support our info.

Would be great if you could help us.

Thanks in advance.

veenz
Newly Registered

Post by veenz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Thanks for all the help!!

We are submitting our application tomorrow. We saw that in the appendix it is asked when my self and my partner first met and when did the relationship begin .

We both met at our first job in Dec 2011 and became friends and worked together in the same place for 4 years, started our relationship in Jan 2017 and then got married in Aug 2017.

We thought of giving this information in appendix as well .We are wondering what documents we have to provide to support or prove this.The only thing we have are photos took during those years and documents provided by our company showing our joining date which is same for both of us.

Would that be proper docs to give .Is there anything else that is required to support our info.

Would be great if you could help us.

Thanks in advance.

veenz
Newly Registered

Post by veenz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi All,

My husband has applied for Settlement Partner visa and he has got appointment at vfs for October 24rth. He will be submitting his passport to vfs.Our doubt is

1) Do we have to sent copy of his (Applicant's) passport along with Supporting Documents to Sheffield ?If so should it be certified ?

2) Do we have to sent copy of my (Sponsors) passport along with Supporting Documents to Sheffield ? If so should it be certified ? If yes, Is certifying from a post office valid ? If not who else should certify ?

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks in advance

veenz
Newly Registered

Post by veenz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:29 am

Gentle reminder.Could you please help with above questions.

veenz
Newly Registered

Received VFS SMS and No Email

Post by veenz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi ,

I am a UK Citizen and working in UK right now.My husband is an Indian and he applied for Spouse visa on October 20 in priority service from VFS chennai.Today November 29th he received a text message from Sender vfssms stating the below : The processed visa application for GWF ref no. (GWFxxxxxxxxx) was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/29/2018. If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed visa application will be delivered to the chosen address. If not, the documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Does this mean he can straightaway go to vfs Chennai and collect his Visa and passport or should he wait for a more specific email asking him to go and collect.

If he is supposed to go we are doubtful if he will be allowed to enter by showing this text message.

Also we don't have the actual receipt as it is with me in UK.If he itself is going is that receipt mandatory.Is his photo proof of Id enough.

Thanks in Advance

ukvisa123

Re: Received VFS SMS and No Email

Post by ukvisa123 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:42 am

I think he can go and collect his Passport, if you have not opted for courier service. With regards to receipt I think he will need it as my husband was told to bring it when he receives email/SMS from VFS. He was given a receipt and envelope stub pinned together.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Received VFS SMS and No Email

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 am

He will definitely need to show the receipt for the package. How have you ended up getting the receipt in UK? You may try photocopy or have to end up sending the receipt to India.