ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering the UK as a visitor, 5 years after tier 4 visa was curtailed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

helzt93
Newly Registered
Jordan

Entering the UK as a visitor, 5 years after tier 4 visa was curtailed

Post by helzt93 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Hello guys,

Hope you're all having a great day.

I am hoping someone can assist me, as I am unsure of what to do in this situation: I was a student in the UK 5 years ago, I kind of rushed into the decision of studying abroad and chose a course that was unsuitable for me and throw into that anxiety issues I was dealing with, anyway, I had poor attendance and wasn't performing well academically, so, the university i was at informed that they were going to revoke their sponsorship. I received the curtailment letter shortly thereafter, and I left the UK immediately. I enrolled at a university in my home country, I graduated, and now have a full time job.

In 2016, I acquired a new citizenship that allows me to enter the UK as a visitor visa-free, I am planning on going to the uk mid of October 2018 for 10 days to visit my brother who's currently undertaking his masters degree there. Will I face problems at immigration when I try to enter? It is noteworthy to mention that I'll be bringing important documents with me (return home ticket, proof of employment, hotel reservation...etc) will that be enough or do I need to take further steps? Thanks.

vinny

Re: Entering the UK as a visitor, 5 years after tier 4 visa was curtailed

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:04 am

Should be okay. Good idea to bring documents. If you are ’visitor visa free’, then you still have to meet the requirements of a visitor visa, apart from having the actual visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 am

helzt93 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm
Will I face problems at immigration when I try to enter?
No, but if you are concerned about it, why not apply for a visa before you travel. Non-visa nationals can apply for a Standard Visitor if they wish to, and if someone has an adverse immigration history or previous refusals of entry (neither of which you have), or if they just don't want to risk not being admitted under the visa-free option, they can apply for a visa before travelling.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

helzt93
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by helzt93 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:29 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 am
helzt93 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm
Will I face problems at immigration when I try to enter?
why not apply for a visa before you travel.
Would bringing all the necessary documents with me be enough? I don't want to exaggerate this issue if there is no cause for concern. I asked around on many forums, and everyone is saying that visa curtailment is not considered an immigration problem, considering that I did not overstay my visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:08 pm

helzt93 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:29 am
Would bringing all the necessary documents with me be enough?
Yes.
helzt93 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:29 am
I asked around on many forums, and everyone is saying that visa curtailment is not considered an immigration problem, considering that I did not overstay my visa.
It is not a problem, your visa just ended like visas do. My suggestion to apply for a visa was because you can if you wish if you are worried about it, which you appeared to be.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:56 am

If you meet the requirements of a visitor and from a country that entails certain period of visitor visa, then make sure you turn up with all docs.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:18 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:56 am
If you meet the requirements of a visitor and from a country that entails certain period of visitor visa, then make sure you turn up with all docs.
??

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:30 am

As vinny said if you are from a visitor visa free region then you still have to meet the requirements of a visitor visa, apart from having the actual visa.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

msohailsarwar1
Mood:

Post by msohailsarwar1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 am

I think you should ready for interview at airport. you have all the reasons , and return ticket as well. Depends on your luck as well if you pass without any hesitation. But i have seen many cases like that, people who have solid reason to enter and leave given entry.