ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for re-entry in UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mikmerdawn04
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Eligibility for re-entry in UK

Post by Mikmerdawn04 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:40 am

Hi all,

2010 i went to uk as student with tier 4 visa but exceeded my work hours. The same year i went back to my home country before my visa expires and i bought the plane ticket using my own money. Then this year or next year i plan to back to uk as a dependant of tier 2 visa holder.

Can someone advise if i might face refusal from entry clearance application?

Thank you. Appreciate all the answers and opinions.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: Eligibility for re-entry in UK

Post by equitydealer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:25 am

Explain a little more about what happened when you exceeded your permitted hours for work. Were you caught by the UKBA? Visa curtailed? Need more info
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:09 am

Mikmerdawn04 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:40 am
Can someone advise if i might face refusal from entry clearance application?
Check part 9 of the immigration rules: general grounds for refusing:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... or-refusal

A breach of work conditions could be a mandatory refusal if paragraph 320(7B)(b) applies. Note the list of exceptions where the breach of conditions was some time ago.

If 320(7B)(b) does not apply, it could still or a discretionary refusal if 320(11) applies.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mikmerdawn04
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Post by Mikmerdawn04 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi Equitydealer,

I was not caught by ukba, the reason why i went back to my home town is because i didnt renew my student visa. My visa was not curtailed or anything, I just went back home before my existing visa expires.

Hi Sah10406,

Thank you for the helpful info. If i would depend on the link you send, it means i am already eligible to re enter the uk is it?

Mikmerdawn

msohailsarwar1
Mood:

Post by msohailsarwar1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:15 am

if you have not been caught, than i think you dont need to worry. although ukba checks for previous employment, but if your new application is genuine than you dont see any problem.