ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 shortage occupation to tier 2general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

medico
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 shortage occupation to tier 2general

Post by medico » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Hello Friends,

Please help me in this regard.

I am In UK on TIER 2 shortage occupation along with my wife. This Visa is going to expire after 1.5 year but,
now My same employer has given me COS for TIER 2 general Visa, so that I can shift from shortage occupation to general Visa.
My question is, do my wife also have to apply again for visa or she can stay in UK on her previous ViSA.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 shortage occupation to tier 2general

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:32 am

You are already on a Tier 2 General visa!!

What you are saying doesn't make sense. You appear to hold a Tier 2 General shortage occupation visa. 'Switching' to 'General' makes no sense as it is the same visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

medico
Newly Registered
India

Post by medico » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks for replying.
Actually, I am working in NHS, and as I am on Shortage Occupation cat ViSa, my employer placed me in Emergency medicine for 6 months which is under Shortage Occupation Cat.

But, my post is rotational and after 6 months I have to be in general medicine which is not shortage occupation cat. That`s why my employer Gave me another CoS for Tier 2 general (NON SHoRtaGe ).
So, that i can move to General medicine.

My question is whether my wife also has to apply again as dependent or her previous Dependent visa is valid.

Regards

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:15 pm

No, your wife's visa is tier to your visa. As long as you have valid leave and her dependent visa isn't expired, she doesn't have to apply again

medico
Newly Registered
India

Post by medico » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:17 am

Thanks a lot.
Regards