ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA residence permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nehaniran
Newly Registered
Mood:

non-EEA residence permit

Post by nehaniran » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 am

Hi Everyone,

I have few questions regards my mother residence permit. My mother received 5 years residence permit in June 2014, that is due to expire in June 2019. However she spent more than allowed days outside UK, which means she will not be able to apply for PR for the next 4 years. My question is, am i able to extend her residence permit? because her visa expires in June 2019 and she is not entitle to PR and without visa she can't go anywhere outside UK. Can i request Home office to issue her another 5 years of visa?
What can i do in this situation?

(days spent outside UK not related to health or anything, just due to some family issues, personal reasons)

Thanks everyone :)

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: non-EEA residence permit

Post by NikiGio » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:49 am

Given her residence permit expires in June 2019 - you should wait until the Settled Status comes into place in March 2019 and apply for that.

Have a look at this other thread:
eea-route-applications/pension-credits- ... 65237.html

This other case is a bit different as the parents are EEA nationals - but the principle is the same.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.