ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India after acquiring British citizenship and sending BRP card back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srirajs
Newly Registered
India

Travelling to India after acquiring British citizenship and sending BRP card back

Post by srirajs » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:44 am

Hello,

I have recently acquired British citizenship and waiting for the passport to arrive, BRP card has been returned as this should be done within 5 days after taking the oath.I now have to travel urgently to INDIA and don't have enough time to apply for OCI or Visa. To apply for visa I will have to surrender the passport which could require over a week.

I understand there is a grace period of 3 months during which I still be able to use Indian passport for travel.

So my question is should I able to travel on Indian passport to since I hold a British passport?

Thank you

Tier1G09
India

Re: Travelling to India after acquiring British citizenship and sending BRP card back

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:35 am

Have you received your British passport?

You can apply for e-visa for india min 4 days earlier?

srirajs
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travelling to India after acquiring British citizenship and sending BRP card back

Post by srirajs » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:02 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Still waiting for the passport to arrive.

The problem I am facing is to apply for evisa to India, I will need to surrender the Indian passport which will take a week at least according to Indian embassy website.