ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Questionnaire received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Home Office Questionnaire received

Post by imi99999 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Dear All, This is about my neighbour's Application for Naturalisation
Context: Age 72 Years from Pakistan
Arrived in UK in 1990 as visitor, Applied for assylum same time and refused in 1994 and was obsconder since then. Applied in 2008 on 14 Years long residency and was refused in 2012. Apealed the decision and ILR granted on 8th Aug 2012.

Applied for Naturalisation 2013 Aug after 1 year of ILR and was refused in 2015 on the basis of not meeting good requirement as letter states that requirement is that application should be compliant with immigration laws 5 Years prior to naturalisation application. As he got the indefinite leave on 8th of Aug 2012 therefore any application before 9th of Aug 2017 will likely to be refused. The next paragraph also states about full compliance with in the last 10 years prior to Application.

As the refusal letter did point a date of 9th Aug 2017, he took a chance and applied on 9th of Aug 2017 and applied for Naturalisation.

Question: He has received a letter from home office stating the fact that he was not in compliance with immigration laws 10 years prior to Application made on 9th of Aug 2017 i.e Qualifying period started from 10 Aug 2007 to 9th Aug 2017. He doesn't meet Good Character requirement. IN Order for us to give further consideration to your case please fill and send back the attached Questionnaire.
They didn't refused the application but send us the Questionnaire.
The core questions were
1- What steps did he take to regularise his stay during qualification period
2- Where did he live or study
3- Did he claim any benefits
4- How did he meet he expenses

I have prepared a covering letter.
He was ill suffering from TB when he was diagonosed in 2006 ( Medical Assessments and follow ups attached)and spent time house bound. Didn't work at all during that period and was financially supported by his friend who submitted an certified Affadavit.
Due to his illness he couldn't prsuade his immigration matter early and applied Set (O) in 2008 which was refused in 2012 and appeal granted ILR in 2012

sorry for long Question, any suggesstion?

Saima789
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Home Office Questionnaire received

Post by Saima789 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi,
I am in the same situation as you
Same questionre was been sent to me ,could you kindly update me about the outcome of it also if you can share your cover letter I mean answers should be highly appreciated

cuppid143
United States of America

Re: Home Office Questionnaire received

Post by cuppid143 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:50 am

Saima789 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 pm
Hi,
I am in the same situation as you
Same questionre was been sent to me ,could you kindly update me about the outcome of it also if you can share your cover letter I mean answers should be highly appreciated
Plz check this old thread
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 49956.html